Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MtLife Stadium Nearly Had Retractable Roof But Giants and Jets Passed Due To Cost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    That's a little backward isn't it?
    Yes, but they wanted the guarantee. Skansa would have taken a huge loss if they had run over
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by krygny View Post
      That and nobody here should refer to it by any other name than

GIANTS STADIUM
      agreed....thats what I call it....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by mike kennedy View Post
        That's ny metropolition area Union pricing along with a 39% automatic markup for undisclosed fees, bumps down the road and Island vacations for all the boys who moved their pens.
        A clear bad decision all round! Maybe they should of doubled their P $ L fees for a better overhead.
        what other choice did they have?? They wanted to rebuild....so this is what we all have now....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I was all for a retractable roof until learning that the NFL mandates you close it up if it's too cold or if the weather conditions aren't perfect. I figured we'd be able to host events there all year long and still have an outdoor football experience during the season.

And just imagine how much the NFL would love to have a super bowl every five years in New York City.

Comment

I hope there's a goddamn blizzard during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Which never happens without boat loads of extra cash for anyone that is involved with large construction will testify to. Tons of wasted OT and man power
              No doubt
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                That's a little backward isn't it?
                Don't forget Jomo, these are people who initially estimated the stadium would cost $800 million to build. They were only off by $900 million.

Comment

Damn mob shakedowns.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

It's no surprise. A static dome can get expensive due to it's span itself. Nixing the retractable roof saves money not just on material, mechanical and labor, but it completely alters the way the rest of the stadium is built.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                      I agree I would never want to have a home Giants game in doors. But if they put a retractable roof on the stadium, they probably could've made that $500 million back pretty quickly with all of the "other" events that they could've booked in the building, all year long, over the life of the building.
                      Definitely!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
                        I hope there's a goddamn blizzard during the game.
                        That would be the ****.

Comment

They would of made the 500 million back within a year with events.

Comment

Working...
                          X