So is Coughlin in or out of hof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is Coughlin in or out of hof

Not a whose better thread but with 2 Super Bowl victories as well, along with the whole expansion team to AFC championship, he has a parcell-esque resume, would you vote him in, yay or nay ? He has bested a sure shot hof coach twice, has to count for something.
    I say yay, the improbable sb win of 07 in my mind weighs heavy. So how about it.

not first ballot

Comment

For a lot of people he could be a shoe in the HOF but taking in count so many variables and waiting list its difficult to see him in it. That been said the veredict still out on TC and for sure he still writting his own history, still a lot pages left to fill in whats been a great coaching career.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

If he wins the SB next year he will be .

Comment

HOF?? let's try to make the playoffs

Comment

Few give notice to the FACT that old Tom Coughlin is in 6th place in the history of the NFL in total playoffs victories. That stat along is darn impressive !
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I don't think it's a lock yet. I don't even think Eli is a lock yet.
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Don't we have to wait for him to retire in ten years?
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Even more than his victories with the Giants, the fact that he took freaking Jacksonville to the title game with Mark freaking Brunell (aka the guy that couldn't beat out SANCHEZ) as their QB, in only their second year of existence... that takes some serious awesomeness in the football world...
                  Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-02-2013, 08:35 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    Even more than his victories with the Giants, the fact that he took freaking Jacksonville to the title game with Mark freaking Brunell as their QB, in only their second year of existence... that takes some serious awesomeness in the football world...
                    He really is a good coach
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Even more than his victories with the Giants, the fact that he took freaking Jacksonville to the title game with Mark freaking Brunell (aka the guy that couldn't beat out SANCHEZ) as their QB, in only their second year of existence... that takes some serious awesomeness in the football world...
                      yep, between building Jacksonville, and winning it all twice (hopefully more to come) here, he's in a really good spot.

Comment

If he retired today, he'd make it in. Probably not a first ballot guy, but he'd get in eventually. He's got 2 SB wins and took an expansion franchise to the AFCCG in year 2.

Comment

Borderline right now. One more SB makes him a lock. His personality and character will help his case also. He's one of those guys that always does the right thing..

Comment

I don't know. He's won 2 super bowls, but the years when he doesn't win super bowls, the team is either terrible, mediocre, or under-achieving. If Coughlin deserves to be a Hall of Famer, then so does Mike Tomlin.

Comment

I think coach Coughlin goes in to Hof and I think he deserves to go in on first ballot. However, I will not be surprised if he doesn't go in on 1st ballot.
                              Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-03-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X