Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Marvin Austin a bust?

I'm starting to think maybe he is.

Eh, hard to tell. Here is a guy that was suspended his last year of college. Then he shows up to the combine and lights it up. There where good things being said about him in camp that year and then he tore his pec. So then he lost two full seasons of football. Then last summer he was injured again and he just looked tired when he did play. Lets see hat happens if he can enter camp healthy and stay that way. If he does and doesn't produce maybe he just doesn't have it or all the time off was just to much.

Comment

Bust. gets paid for doing nothing. He's always injured. plays a game or two and then there's another injury. he's not even that good when he's on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
        Bust. gets paid for doing nothing. He's always injured. plays a game or two and then there's another injury. he's not even that good when he's on the field.
        He was relatively healthy this season. But it was ovbious that he was not showing the coaches anything for not being on the active roster most of the year.
        It's now or never this season for Austin...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
          He was relatively healthy this season. But it was ovbious that he was not showing the coaches anything for not being on the active roster most of the year. It's now or never this season for Austin...
          Not trying to excuse him, but after two full seasons off he did show up a little heavy and then did get injured again in he summer which slowed him up yet again.

Comment

He was relatively healthy this season. But it was ovbious that he was not showing the coaches anything for not being on the active roster most of the year.
            I think Markus Kuhn is good, hope he stays healthy this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              Not trying to excuse him, but after two full seasons off he did show up a little heavy and then did get injured again in he summer which slowed him up yet again.
              Oh I have not forgot about that, it's inexcusable to come into OTA's out of shape.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

we will know for sure by the end of the preseason but im expecting that he is .

Comment

Oh I have not forgot about that, it's inexcusable to come into OTA's out of shape.
                  I was a fan of he pick and still have hope for him, but its been a long time since he played good football.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    If he doesnt come into camp in the best shape of his life and ready to go he will be cut. I sense this is his last chance

Comment

didnt know you were a fan of the Cowboys Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        If he doesnt come into camp in the best shape of his life and ready to go he will be cut. I sense this is his last chance
                        Agree. Don't think they will waste time with him if he shows up out of shape.

Comment

officially? no. unofficially? about as close a player can get to being a bust

Comment

he was dealing with back issues too esp at training camp and those twin size beds...cant really be trying to get all pumped up when ur tryig to rest ur back...dont get me wrong, i didnt like it either. just saying it wasnt as if he came in out of shape as a way to say F U or something to the nyg

Comment

Now or never sounds about right. Every roster spot is valuable and he's taking up one of them.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X