Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    when the pocket breaks down and the middle is all clear guys like brady and eli can pick up 6 yards or so. but guys like big ben and flacco can get you that big 13yard first down.

    more mobile is the future, as i said guys that can do both. might not always flex it but the ability is there.
    Well put it this way.
    The future is about the passing game. So a QB will succeed if he (or she) can pass the ball well. It obviously will help if he he can run the ball well also.
    But he will not succeed if he can run the ball well (or even great) if he can't pass the ball well.
    The rules favor the passing game. You MUST be able to stretch the field and you can't do that without a serious passing threat.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      sorry more, but i think that door is closing fast on these slow club footed QB's , these kids are coming out more and more athletic.
      The guys who's speed and mobility matters the most are WR's and RB's. The rules just favor it. It is and will be for the forseeable future, a passing league.
      Great pocket passers will always be able to exploit that in the passing game.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Well put it this way.
        The future is about the passing game. So a QB will succeed if he (or she) can pass the ball well. It obviously will help if he he can run the ball well also.
        But he will not succeed if he can run the ball well (or even great) if he can't pass the ball well.
        The rules favor the passing game. You MUST be able to stretch the field and you can't do that without a serious passing threat.
        Okay so you pretty much agreed that hybrid QBs will be a godsend to this league. I really don't see why we must disagree that hybrid QBs are going to be a thing for the league. A QB that can throw and run the ball well is the new fad. Soon we're going to see a league where every team is going to go after the hybrid QBs.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Okay so you pretty much agreed that hybrid QBs will be a godsend to this league. I really don't see why we must disagree that hybrid QBs are going to be a thing for the league. A QB that can throw and run the ball well is the new fad. Soon we're going to see a league where every team is going to go after the hybrid QBs.
          That's not even close to what I said.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #95
            It's looking like more dual threat QBs are coming out of the college ranks these days than ever before and it will only be a matter of time until half of the teams use one as their starter. The biggest factor will fall onto the HC and how he uses his shiny new toy. RG3's athleticism was overexploited to the point it severely injured him. The way SF utilizes Kaepernick is more appropriate.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Moke View Post
              Okay so you pretty much agreed that hybrid QBs will be a godsend to this league. I really don't see why we must disagree that hybrid QBs are going to be a thing for the league. A QB that can throw and run the ball well is the new fad. Soon we're going to see a league where every team is going to go after the hybrid QBs.
              I doubt that very much. Teams are going to take the best available QB.

              The Eli to Cruz td against the skins is a perfect example of why mobile/running qbs arent always the answer. Eli was laid out on that play but still threw the ball and put it right on the money before the pressure got to him. A running qb is going to feel that pressure and try to escape the pocket. Chances are if we had a QB like Cam or RG3, we wouldnt have won that game.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                so does eli...he has a knack for just sliding around in the pocket or stepping up to avoid pressure,,,he wasnt the least sacked QB in the league because our OL is stellar,,he doesnt need to be RG111 or anyone else.
                Eli trips over his own feet and runs like he's in quicksand. Speaking of sliding around, he doesn't even slide well going to the ground.
                Flacco is a bit more mobile and looks much faster out of the pocket than Eli.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Moke View Post
                  Okay so you pretty much agreed that hybrid QBs will be a godsend to this league. I really don't see why we must disagree that hybrid QBs are going to be a thing for the league. A QB that can throw and run the ball well is the new fad. Soon we're going to see a league where every team is going to go after the hybrid QBs.
                  nicely put moke, i think it goes without saying you cant run well and throw poorly. that was never my point that pure rushing qb's are the future. my point was true hybrids

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    That's not even close to what I said.
                    You're just beating around the bush though, it's pretty evident in your post.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                      You're just beating around the bush though, it's pretty evident in your post.
                      morehead is almost there, he is on the fence, only a mtter of a few years he will see it.

                      he at least is open to the idea. many think we need Frankenstien to stay in the pocket.

                      Comment


                      • A 95/5 throw/run QB just won the SB MVP less than 24 hours ago. OUR OWN 98/2 QB just won the SB MVP 365 days ago.

                        The most running QBs to ever win the SB were, who? Big Ben? Elway? Anyone else??

                        If you look at Big Ben, his highest yearly rushing yardage EVER was 204 yards in 2007.
                        Elway's was 258 in 1990.

                        Flacco's was 180 yards in 2008.
                        Eli's was 80 yards in 2005.

                        RG3 ran for 815 this year. Got injured. Team finished 7-9.
                        Cam Newton ran for 741 yds. Team finished 7-9.

                        R. Wilson ran for 489 took his team to the NFC Championship.
                        Kaep ran for 415 on half a season and took his team to the SB... but didn't win it.

                        So, it's almost as if the MORE the QB runs, the LESS likely they are to win Championships.

                        Let's try not to look so stupid, huh fellas?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                          A 95/5 throw/run QB just won the SB MVP less than 24 hours ago. OUR OWN 98/2 QB just won the SB MVP 365 days ago.

                          The most running QBs to ever win the SB were, who? Big Ben? Elway? Anyone else??

                          If you look at Big Ben, his highest yearly rushing yardage EVER was 204 yards in 2007.
                          Elway's was 258 in 1990.

                          Flacco's was 180 yards in 2008.
                          Eli's was 80 yards in 2005.

                          RG3 ran for 815 this year. Got injured. Team finished 7-9.
                          Cam Newton ran for 741 yds. Team finished 7-9.

                          R. Wilson ran for 489 took his team to the NFC Championship.
                          Kaep ran for 415 on half a season and took his team to the SB... but didn't win it.

                          So, it's almost as if the MORE the QB runs, the LESS likely they are to win Championships.

                          Let's try not to look so stupid, huh fellas?
                          The Redskins went 10-6 and made the playoffs.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Looking for one type of player only is not a good thing. Yet if there is a option qb somewhere and he has potential, then we get him. If we are are going look for mobile qbs in college all of a sudden, be prepared to get ready for college teams to get defenders who can defend against those mobile qbs making them like an ordinary qb.

                            Comment


                            • horrible points trueblue, the question isnt that the QB should run more, its that he is faster and more mobile. flacco and big ben are that hybrid type they can do both.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                                A 95/5 throw/run QB just won the SB MVP less than 24 hours ago. OUR OWN 98/2 QB just won the SB MVP 365 days ago.

                                The most running QBs to ever win the SB were, who? Big Ben? Elway? Anyone else??

                                If you look at Big Ben, his highest yearly rushing yardage EVER was 204 yards in 2007.
                                Elway's was 258 in 1990.

                                Flacco's was 180 yards in 2008.
                                Eli's was 80 yards in 2005.

                                RG3 ran for 815 this year. Got injured. Team finished 7-9.
                                Cam Newton ran for 741 yds. Team finished 7-9.

                                R. Wilson ran for 489 took his team to the NFC Championship.
                                Kaep ran for 415 on half a season and took his team to the SB... but didn't win it.

                                So, it's almost as if the MORE the QB runs, the LESS likely they are to win Championships.

                                Let's try not to look so stupid, huh fellas?
                                Aaron Rodgers ran for 356 in 2010.
                                Steve Young ran for 293 in 1994.

                                And Kaepernick didn't lose because he ran the ball. He lost because he couldn't manage the clock and his defense stunk yesterday.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X