Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Think Luck will have more success than any of them. Maybe Newton after him. They have good arms and the size to take the hits.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I think you're right on that.
      The most athletic kids weren't playing QB before. they were RB's, WR's, DB's etc.....
      Now these kids in highschool with great athleticism are playing QB. So the pipeline is being filed with these kinds of kids.
      There are going to be a lot more athletic QB's in the NFL over the next 10 years.
      right on!!!

      I will go as far as to say after 5 years no Slow heavy footed QB's will win any SB's anymore.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
        right on!!!

        I will go as far as to say after 5 years no Slow heavy footed QB's will win any SB's anymore.
        no more mannings lol

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          this is exactly why i do not like when some say "oh he is a running QB" because it discredits that QB as a passer.

          all QB's are passers. that is the position.

          Flacco and kap for example are both hybrids. now one is younger and faster and may go to the run option more but that is nether here nor there.

          Fans like to think Flacco is a pocket passer as they define it but its not correct.
          It is certainly true that in the past, running QB's tended not to be as strong passers, starting with guys like Bobby Douglas. Even Vick is a lousy pocket passer despite his strong arm. But there is no reason these new kids can't be great passers because they are already showing it. Kaepernick made so tremendous throws last night. Wilson also has a great ability as a pocket passer.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            right on!!!I will go as far as to say after 5 years no Slow heavy footed QB's will win any SB's anymore.
            Depend on what system the team runs. The quickest way to get down the field is through the air. If a team stays with a pocket passer and has the tools for it to work it will never get old. If they build a team for the newer wave of offenses they will of course need a different type of QB.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I'll second that. What these guys have shown is that being strictly a pocket passer isn't the only way to win. It didn't show that the days of the pocket passer are numbered.
              Mobile QB, option-read QB, pistol formation QB, spread Off. QB, pocket QB, stationary flat footed QB, you name it, its the job of the " so called experts " trying to define each and one of them but the most intricate and important aspect of a QB is what many experts and scouts define as the IT factor, either you have IT or you don't have IT.
              In the words of Ol Ernie,
              Ernie Accorsi's Scouting Report of Eli Manning
              Maryland Giant : 1/16/2012 8:24 am
              On November 2, 2002, then Giants GM, Ernie Accorsi, went to an Auburn-Mississippi game to scout Eli Manning. Accorsi hand wrote his non-traditional scouting report and then went home and typed it up in all caps and presented it to the Giants scouting team.

              Below is his summary that came at the end of the report. Notice that there is not a single bit of statistical evidence or combine type crap. Just the analysis of a real pro.

              Ernie nailed it. All hail Ernie.

              "Most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it Magic. As Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, 'Two things set him apart: His left testicle and his right testicle.'...We should move up to take him. These guys are rare you know.

              There you go, enough said, THE IT FACTOR is what defines a true winner.
              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                It is certainly true that in the past, running QB's tended not to be as strong passers, starting with guys like Bobby Douglas. Even Vick is a lousy pocket passer despite his strong arm. But there is no reason these new kids can't be great passers because they are already showing it. Kaepernick made so tremendous throws last night. Wilson also has a great ability as a pocket passer.
                correct i blame Vick for making fast qb's look bad throwing the ball.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                  Mobile QB, option-read QB, pistol formation QB, spread Off. QB, pocket QB, stationary flat footed QB, you name it, its the job of the " so called experts " trying to define each and one of them but the most intricate and important aspect of a QB is what many experts and scouts define as the IT factor, either you have IT or you don't have IT.
                  In the words of Ol Ernie,
                  Ernie Accorsi's Scouting Report of Eli Manning
                  Maryland Giant : 1/16/2012 8:24 am
                  On November 2, 2002, then Giants GM, Ernie Accorsi, went to an Auburn-Mississippi game to scout Eli Manning. Accorsi hand wrote his non-traditional scouting report and then went home and typed it up in all caps and presented it to the Giants scouting team.

                  Below is his summary that came at the end of the report. Notice that there is not a single bit of statistical evidence or combine type crap. Just the analysis of a real pro.

                  Ernie nailed it. All hail Ernie.

                  "Most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it Magic. As Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, 'Two things set him apart: His left testicle and his right testicle.'...We should move up to take him. These guys are rare you know.

                  There you go, enough said, THE IT FACTOR is what defines a true winner.
                  I remember them saying the same about Mark Sanchez. That he was the "alpha male" factor. He has "IT".
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                  Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    I remember them saying the same about Mark Sanchez. That he was the "alpha male" factor. He has "IT".
                    Obviously he doesn't have IT bro. Even his mentor and coach Pete Carroll said many time to him and he had deaf-ears imploring Mark to stay in college because he was an " unfinished product " .
                    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                      Obviously he doesn't have IT bro. Even his mentor and coach Pete Carroll said many time to him and he had deaf-ears imploring Mark to stay in college because he was an " unfinished product " .
                      These things aren't obvious until you suit up and play a bit in the NFL.
                      There have been many QB's who teams hoped and believed had "IT", and didn't. And I'm sure many teams thought a guy like Brady didn't have 'IT" at all.

                      "IT" is hard to identify.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        The Redskins went 10-6 and made the playoffs.
                        Sorry, I wrote down the Panthers record twice. How did RG3 and his leg do in the playoffs? How did he injure that leg again?

                        Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        horrible points trueblue, the question isnt that the QB should run more, its that he is faster and more mobile. flacco and big ben are that hybrid type they can do both.
                        This "hybrid" thing is meaningless. You're basically getting closer and closer to making the distinction "good" QBs and "not." Eli was able to make game-changing plays with his mobility, especially in his first SB year. But he's not some new-wave 1A. pass 1B. run kind of quarterback. Neither is Ben or Rodgers.

                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Aaron Rodgers ran for 356 in 2010.
                        Steve Young ran for 293 in 1994.
                        Which pales in comparison to the numbers folks like RG3, Cam, R. Wilson and Kaep put up. So ... yup!

                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        And Kaepernick didn't lose because he ran the ball. He lost because he couldn't manage the clock and his defense stunk yesterday.
                        Didn't say that, but we're talking about "more mobile" QBs being the future and, based on everything we've seen up to now, no evidence is saying that.

                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Referring to Ben and Flacco as "hybrids" is way off the mark. They are just pocket passers (Ben to a far greater extent) who can extend plays with mobility.
                        I wouldn't say that Aaron Rodgers is a "hybrid" QB.
                        Exactly.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                          Sorry, I wrote down the Panthers record twice. How did RG3 and his leg do in the playoffs? How did he injure that leg again?



                          This "hybrid" thing is meaningless. You're basically getting closer and closer to making the distinction "good" QBs and "not." Eli was able to make game-changing plays with his mobility, especially in his first SB year. But he's not some new-wave 1A. pass 1B. run kind of quarterback. Neither is Ben or Rodgers.



                          Which pales in comparison to the numbers folks like RG3, Cam, R. Wilson and Kaep put up. So ... yup!



                          Didn't say that, but we're talking about "more mobile" QBs being the future and, based on everything we've seen up to now, no evidence is saying that.



                          Exactly.
                          I'm sorry, I wasn't responding to you directly in any of my posts so I'm not sure what you said or didn't say. I was just going along with the general conversation.
                          I suppose my ultimate point here is that while I agree that more and more QB's who have the kind of running skills as Kaepernick and Wilson will be coming to the NFL, they will only succeed if they have great passing skills as well. If they do they will be very hard to defend and will do their share of winning, including SB's. No reason to believe otherwise.
                          But its a passing league and you have to be able to drop back in the pocket and throw the ball effectively downfield to win in this league. Kaepernick and Wilson seem to be two guys who can do that. I'm not convinced that RGIII can.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            Days of collins and bledsoe are over , lead footed golems are not going to win anymore.

                            move in the athletic QB that can do both.
                            What shocks me is the speed at which this change was made.

                            A year ago, a QB who is basically a pocket passer with some mobility but couldn't win a foot race against a tree won the SB (and got the MVP)

                            Yesterday, a QB who is basically a pocket passer with some mobility wins the SB (and gets MVP).

                            I have to admit that watching Flacco play, I wasn't even sure that it was the same game that Manning plays--the way that they both dropped back into the pocket and ran the office from there, occasionally moving when under pressure.

                            It was revolutionary, really.
                            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

                            Comment


                            • We've had mobile QBs forever. There is a lot of hoopla now just because it sells papers. Elway, Hostetler, Cunningham, Steve Young, Rodney Peete. So we have 4 QBs in the league that can run and throw....out of 32? Defenses need to gameplan for this breed, but it will not change who wins Super Bowls. Ultimately it will come down to a good offense, good quarterback, and good defense...and 3 years out of 4, I guarantee it will not be a mobile quarterback running the latest "pistol offense" at the big dance.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                                We've had mobile QBs forever. There is a lot of hoopla now just because it sells papers. Elway, Hostetler, Cunningham, Steve Young, Rodney Peete. So we have 4 QBs in the league that can run and throw....out of 32? Defenses need to gameplan for this breed, but it will not change who wins Super Bowls. Ultimately it will come down to a good offense, good quarterback, and good defense...and 3 years out of 4, I guarantee it will not be a mobile quarterback running the latest "pistol offense" at the big dance.
                                Well since less than 25% of teams run that type of offense, you seem to be saying that teams with running QB's actually have a comparitively better chance of winning the SB than teams with pure pocket passers.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X