more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

its obvious the hybrid guys who are a true double threat like RG3,Kapernick Big ben, Flacco . these guys are not scramblers but true hybrid beings using todays modern technology to win Superbowls.

we can't get stuck in a stone aged old fashion one way to skin a cat thinking process.

RG3 a double thret? That man can't even walk straight anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by BLUDude92 View Post
      RG3 a double thret? That man can't even walk straight anymore!
      thats cold. but the guy like kapernick can flat out pass the ball on target. lets not forget his 4 ints last season.

Comment

That style nearly won the 9ers a Superbowl. I wouldn't mind looking into a QB of that stature in the next 4-5 years to replace Eli down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
          That style nearly won the 9ers a Superbowl. I wouldn't mind looking into a QB of that stature in the next 4-5 years to replace Eli down the road.
          I think this is the QB style we will see more and more coming out of the drafts. this younger generation is so athletic.

now again not talking scrambler like vick. for others who i know will bring how they dont win up.

Comment

So where was RG and Big Ben??? One is getting surgery and the other could bearly walk. Flaco is more like Eli then RG and Ben. Oh, and by the way kapernick didn't win the Super Bowl. If, if , if please!!!! Stop the insanity.
            sigpic

Comment

Who won the Super Bowl? A pocket passer..
              The NFL will always be a pocket passer league, with a few teams implementing athletic qb's.
              The read option seems to be what is helping these mobile quarterbacks translate from college to the pro's. But just like the wild cat I believe defenses will figure it out.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

When's the last time a truly mobile QB won a SB? I'm not just talking a scrambler like Rodgers, I mean a full on QB that is not afraid to run...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    When's the last time a truly mobile QB won a SB? I'm not just talking a scrambler like Rodgers, I mean a full on QB that is not afraid to run...
                    Steve Young i guess.

Comment

I'd just like to see the Giants take the backup QB job as a real concern. I don't think it would be THAT hard to find a rookie who can outplay Carr at this point. It would take an effort on the Giants' behalf, but it could be done.

Comment

We always look at qbs as human first. We have had qbs like RG3 before in Steve Young, Randle Cunningham and there may have been others. Yes the NFL will always be a drop back qb cause even the ones that run will drop back and pass the ball.

Comment

its not black and white anymore. Flacco is quite mobile buys plenty of extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            its not black and white anymore. Flacco is quite mobile buys plenty of extra time.
                            so does eli...he has a knack for just sliding around in the pocket or stepping up to avoid pressure,,,he wasnt the least sacked QB in the league because our OL is stellar,,he doesnt need to be RG111 or anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              its obvious the hybrid guys who are a true double threat like RG3,Kapernick Big ben, Flacco . these guys are not scramblers but true hybrid beings using todays modern technology to win Superbowls.

we can't get stuck in a stone aged old fashion one way to skin a cat thinking process.
                              I missed you when you mention Big Ben and Flacco. In no way shape or form this 4 are in the same category. Respectfully I disagree. How can you compare RG3, Kap vs. Ben and Flacco ? That's just plain wrong. In fact you are contradicting yourself. Flacco and Ben are mobile in the pocket kind of QB but are " true " pocket QBs. RG and Kap ? Just the opposite. Ben and Flacco and for that matter Eli have won multiple SB and the mobile hybrid QB haven't won since Steve Young won just one lousy SB ? I don't get it.
                              Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 02-04-2013, 03:38 AM.
                              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Working...
                              X