Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jomo
    replied
    My dad's early influence it the single biggest reason I am a Giants fan.

Leave a comment:

• flashnando
    replied
    Funny thing with me is no one in my family liked American Football, it was all about Soccer (Futbol). I guess I was destined to be a Giants fan, Watched the sport on TV one day and guess who was playing? The Giants lol

Of course I lived in NY at the time so i was able to watch all their games from that day on and was a huge fan since, this was at the age of 8.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Much like your experience Sean, except 17 years earlier. To sum it up in one word, CHARACTER.

I got serious and locked in to this team by the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 2x defending champion 49ers. Both teams were 11-1, best teams in the league. The Giants lost that hard fought game but they showed such fight, such spirit, such character, I was hooked, and they won the SB that year (on their backup QB and RB, no less) and beat those same 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. Very similar to the feeling of the week 17 regular season matchup against the Patriots that the Giants lost 38-35 and then would beat them in the Super Bowl.
    Ha!!
    That was the famous "Phil Simms in Ronnie Lott's face" game.
    Things like that moment are why Phil is my favorite all time player.

Leave a comment:

• SweetZombieJesus
    replied
    Much like your experience Sean, except 17 years earlier. To sum it up in one word, CHARACTER.

I got serious and locked in to this team by the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 2x defending champion 49ers. Both teams were 11-1, best teams in the league. The Giants lost that hard fought game but they showed such fight, such spirit, such character, I was hooked, and they won the SB that year (on their backup QB and RB, no less) and beat those same 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. Very similar to the feeling of the week 17 regular season matchup against the Patriots that the Giants lost 38-35 and then would beat them in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 02-06-2013, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHothead
    replied
    3rd Generation Fan & 3rd Generation Season Ticket Holder.

Leave a comment:

• GiantRoc
    replied
    In 1966 at age 8, I got a vibrating electronic football game. They came with white and yellow players and a paint set. Giants and Packers. The red, white, and blue Giants always kicked Packer butt. A fan was born. Watching Fran Tarkington as a Giant was great. Tucker Frederickson, Bob Tucker, Spider Lockhart, Pete Athas. Just some of the names I think back on. A lot of lean years makes me so happy about what this team has done since the 80's.

Leave a comment:

• CDN_G-FAN
    replied
    after seeing that other thread on the first page, i think its because of kate mara.........

Leave a comment:

• Tuckit91
    replied
    Growing up in Syracuse NY and I was 8 in 1982 and we went to my Uncles house and he was watching the Giants VS Eagles and I started copying him as he was yelling at the tv and every since I have been a fan of the NY FOOTBALL GIANTS the greatest franchise in sports!!

Leave a comment:

• giants-_-
    replied
    Watched them lose against the viking is 07 and became a fan ever since

Leave a comment:

• ELI_Iz_God
    replied
    Been a giants fan since 1980. Funny thing is I have 3 older brothers 2 of them are Dolphin fans and the other a Jet's fan ( I make fun of him to this day...i.e. The Ken O'Brien days LOL))

I can't really explain why I became a fan of Big Blue except that I was born and raised in NY and I bleed blue....that's about it.
    Last edited by ELI_Iz_God; 02-06-2013, 12:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mike kennedy
    replied
    Because in 1959, a year after the game that my dad attended, the Giants & Colts Championship, I was born. 11/11 veterans day and mom said I was an Rh factor baby and I immediately needed a blood transfusion.
    I am pretty sure that the blood was blue.
    End of story.

Leave a comment:

• Toadofsteel
    replied
    I was raised from birth as a Giants fan. First season I could remember however was 1994... I still cheered as hard as I could for Dave Brown, though... poor guy
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-06-2013, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    my Uncle was a huge Giants fan when I was a kid.. It was my destiny

Leave a comment:

• giantfan1976
    replied
    I followed the team since the late 90's but didn't really call myself a fan. I was an Oilers fan most of my life. When they moved to Nashville, I looked for a new team. So I started watching the NYG (since I visited NY city at least once a year for several years). But, I still wasn't a true fan. Being an Ole Miss guy, I bought in when they drafted Eli Manning. I've been a die-hard fan since 2004.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X