Rebuilding year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding year?

The cap situation is a mess and now they are cutting guys and making holes they may not be able to fill. What are they going to do at DT? One good player, possibly two older players, one guy that hasn't played in three years, and a rookie coming off an ACL tear. They where already not the best LB unit and they let Boley go too. If they move Kiwi back to DE because they will probably lose Osi who will play LB? Will they resign Beatty? The secondary is up in the air as well. Hope they draft extremely well and find some cheap FA's.

i think it's possible. take a step back before you take 2 steps forward.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Change is inevitable.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I believe this is the year we will really see what this front office is made of. We either effectively get younger, faster, and overall better, or.....we crash and burn.

Comment

What did Canty, Bradshaw and Boley do for this team that David Wilson, Jacquan Williams and a new DT cant? Nothing.

Comment

Boley was barely playing by the end of the year, Canty missed half the games. Bradshaw could barely walk at the end of the year and looked like he had nothing.

Boley and Bradshaws replacements are already on the roster in J Will/Paysinger and David Wilson.

Canty is a bit more difficult to replace, but it can be done, and for far less than $8 million.

Comment

I like the fact that Reese is finally putting an end to the Ponzi scheme... I've said before that i'd be willing to sack 2013 as a rebuilding (more like retooling though because we're not starting from scratch) year, but that would necessarily entail cutting names taking up a lot of money and eating the cap hits up front, leaving us with a ton of cap space for 2014. Names like DD, Canty, Bradshaw, Boley, and Toaster... 3 of those have already been cut.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I tend to look at it as retooling over rebuilding

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

They will compete next year. As someone said above, the guys that were cut weren't doing very much for us last year and the one who did make an impact (Canty) can be replaced for cheaper. When Eli goes and when we cut many players with no suitable backups, THEN we will be rebuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    The cap situation is a mess and now they are cutting guys and making holes they may not be able to fill. What are they going to do at DT? One good player, possibly two older players, one guy that hasn't played in three years, and a rookie coming off an ACL tear. They where already not the best LB unit and they let Boley go too. If they move Kiwi back to DE because they will probably lose Osi who will play LB? Will they resign Beatty? The secondary is up in the air as well. Hope they draft extremely well and find some cheap FA's.
                    You can't determine that until the carousel stops and everyone gets on and off. Right now I see it as making room for Beatty, Bennett, Nicks, Cruz, and maybe Boothe
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                      I tend to look at it as retooling over rebuilding
                      ^^This right here^^

Comment

It's more like adjusting to the new CBA. The Giants had a lot heavy contracts that were made prior and all the re-structuring in the world couldn't fix it. Once they unload some these overpaid players, the Giants can rid themselves of these headaches and become a more balanced team again.

All in my opinion of course...
                        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

With the way things are going, we'll have great amount of cap space in 2014 and that i like. Sucks, 2013 will be a season with expectations very low so the "Hosting the Superbowl" curse will live on.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            It's more like adjusting to the new CBA. The Giants had a lot heavy contracts that were made prior and all the re-structuring in the world couldn't fix it. Once they unload some these overpaid players, the Giants can rid themselves of these headaches and become a more balanced team again.

All in my opinion of course...
                            It's also going to give us an asston of cap space in 2014... we might be making Philadelphia-levels of signings next offseason.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
                              What did Canty, Bradshaw and Boley do for this team that David Wilson, Jacquan Williams and a new DT cant? Nothing.
                              This, no other further comments should be made.

Comment

Working...
                              X