Estimated cap situation w/ cuts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimated cap situation w/ cuts...

Ok, Canty/bradshaw/boley offically gone....

Can anyone with cap knowledge give us a ruff estimate....

They saved roughly 14 million with the cuts they have made so far.

I believe ESPN had reported the giants were 4 mil over the cap? Someone will have to find that info.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      They saved roughly 14 million with the cuts they have made so far.

I believe ESPN had reported the giants were 4 mil over the cap? Someone will have to find that info.
      So basically we'd be 10 mill under. We could flat out sign Beatty and maybe one other guy like Stevie for that money...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        So basically we'd be 10 mill under. We could flat out sign Beatty and maybe one other guy like Stevie for that money...
        How much would Diehl save us? Id hope we can work our way into resigning our guys & atleast 1 decent FA

Comment

Dont really need to resign Stevie, could just give him a tender for a year. Wait for more contracts to clear next season.

They should have the money to resign Beatty and someone else (bennett maybe?). Depending how they structure contracts they could possibly resign Nicks as well. Nicks has a salary this year of about 3 mil, so they could bump it to 5 or so with a long term contract

Comment

Dont really need to resign Stevie, could just give him a tender for a year. Wait for more contracts to clear next season.
            Fair enough, and I like the idea of Beatty and Bennett for 10 mil or under combined.

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
              How much would Diehl save us? Id hope we can work our way into resigning our guys & atleast 1 decent FA
              7.475 million.

T2 would save another 2.25 million

Comment

So if those two guys were dropped, we could then add Cruz to that list... we can definitely make this work, and while I'm sad to see a lot of these guys who have served us well go, it's time to move on...

Comment

So if those two guys were dropped, we could then add Cruz to that list... we can definitely make this work, and while I'm sad to see a lot of these guys who have served us well go, it's time to move on...
                  Yes, they could quite easily sign Cruz, Nicks, Beatty, and Bennett. Possibly still have a bit left over to resign KP. But they would have to backload a lot of the contracts, so in a few years time, they would really start being a lot of money.

Though its very possible the NFL salary cap will start ramping up after 2014.

Comment

Yes, but who will run the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                      Wilson + Brown + Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                        Wilson?

And if we pick up a stud OL in the first round we would be able to send him into routes on pass plays rather than force him to just block all the time?

Comment

7.475 million. T2 would save another 2.25 million
                          Good bye!

Comment

7.475 million.

T2 would save another 2.25 million
                            Any chance of Web taking a cut? Risky to get rid of him, but cant see him staying with that salary

Comment

i think webbie and dhiel will re-structure..no way we pay dhiel that much money

Comment

Working...
                              X