Right now we have ONE starting DT on this team and ZERO depth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now we have ONE starting DT on this team and ZERO depth

Kind of scratching my head on the Canty cut... great player when healthy but he had his injury periods.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I read he only saved us $3M? Not sure that doesn't leave us with a bigger void.

DT: Linval Joseph

Rocky won't be resigned he's way too old now.
    Kuhn? What can we expect out of him aside from depth?
    Marvin Austin NEEDS to WAKE UP and CONTRIBUTE. If we waste another roster spot on waiting for him to find his game again, that's really going to suck.

I have blind faith in Reese at this point though. I won't question him.

This opens the door for Linval's new contract as he's a FA after next season in 2014.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

I liked Kuhn last year before the injury but I don't have tons of faith in him to start. Linval is a good pass rusher and he draws the double team a lot, but I'm not sold on him in the running game completely. However, I do like how he hustles and doesn't give up on the play.

Comment

Marvin Austin must step up or they need to find someone else, stat.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        Kind of scratching my head on the Canty cut... great player when healthy but he had his injury periods.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I read he only saved us $3M? Not sure that doesn't leave us with a bigger void.

Marvin Austin NEEDS to WAKE UP and CONTRIBUTE. If we waste another roster spot on waiting for him to find his game again, that's really going to suck.

This opens the door for Linval's new contract as he's a FA after next season in 2014.
        Reese needs to go on an SEC binge...that's where you go for the trench warfare types.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Our DT cubbard is so bare. DT in the first and a vet is almost a definite now.

So much for Ogletree

Comment

Right now it's the off-season. The team has seven months to fill the holes, there's still free agency and the draft to come. There's no need to worry just yet.

Comment

Canty had his moments but needed to be on thhe field a lot more to justify his cost.

Comment

Bargain FA DT / Rookie is a must....

Comment

It's obvious what Reese is doing. He's rebuiliding by unloading our old overpayed players now in order to develop younger guys quicker. Next man up. Should be an exciting draft.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

I haven't always agree with the choices Reese has made, but I have to amid. Reese has a really really good eye for talent. I think we will be fine roster wise come july (training camp). I am confident that he will make things happen.
                    Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Plenty of guys out there who likely wont be that expensive.

Jason Jones
                      Terrance Knighton
                      Randy Starks
                      Justin Bannan

etc.

Comment

DT...what happens?

I know we got Wilson and Williams to take over for Bradshaw and Boley... But Canty?? I really hope they arent expecting Austin to make that HUGE jump..... Bernard doesnt look like he'll be resigned ...... Draft?? What are Giants thinking in the Draft we have so MANY NEEDS now, LB,DT, OT etc

Comment

They have free agency still.

And FA is loaded with DTs and OTs.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
                            I know we got Wilson and Williams to take over for Bradshaw and Boley... But Canty?? I really hope they arent expecting Austin to make that HUGE jump..... Bernard doesnt look like he'll be resigned ...... Draft?? What are Giants thinking in the Draft we have so MANY NEEDS now, LB,DT, OT etc
                            It doesn't really matter. We can find better than what we've been getting out of Canty for half the price.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              Plenty of guys out there who likely wont be that expensive.

Jason Jones
                              Terrance Knighton
                              Randy Starks
                              Justin Bannan

etc.
                              I just hope we get a good player. Wouldn't mind Starks.

Comment

Working...
                              X