Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Back Jacobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bring Back Jacobs

    If Reese was smart I sign Jacobs right now. Can get him for Veteran Minimum and be a good back up to Brown and Wilson. The guy has fresh legs and he has chip on his shoulder. Didn't play all last year. Should have eneough in the tank and would shore up RB position for a cheap cost.

  • #2
    Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    If Reese was smart I sign Jacobs right now. can get him for Veteran minimum and be a ggod back up to Brown and Wilson. The guy has fresh legs and he has chip on his shoulder. Didn't play all last year. Should have eneough in the tank and would shore up RB position for a cheap cost.
    Makes alot more sense than keeping Lumpkin, that's fo sho.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you guys think Jacobs will come back for little money?

      Got a nice 1 year rest. Maybe a little fresh legs.

      Comment


      • #4
        My point exactly. He will come cheap and knows the system and he CAN BLOCK. we need to use money elsewhere. He will save us $$$$$$$$$

        Comment


        • #5
          All season everyone complains that Wilson doesnt get enough carries.

          Now he is the starter and everyone wants the giants to bring in every other HB to take carries from him.

          Why not let Wilson and Brown do their thing with Scott as the #3. If they find a nice back later in the draft maybe they grab one.

          But there is no need to be paying Jacobs a mil a season to be the #4.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            All season everyone complains that Wilson doesnt get enough carries.

            Now he is the starter and everyone wants the giants to bring in every other HB to take carries from him.

            Why not let Wilson and Brown do their thing with Scott as the #3. If they find a nice back later in the draft maybe they grab one.

            But there is no need to be paying Jacobs a mil a season to be the #4.
            Just want him for backup and situational plays. He would come cheap

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
              Just want him for backup and situational plays. He would come cheap
              He would be at least a mil a year. Thats the vet minimum. Thats not cheap.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                All season everyone complains that Wilson doesnt get enough carries.

                Now he is the starter and everyone wants the giants to bring in every other HB to take carries from him.

                Why not let Wilson and Brown do their thing with Scott as the #3. If they find a nice back later in the draft maybe they grab one.

                But there is no need to be paying Jacobs a mil a season to be the #4.
                Because he's experienced, hungry to prove himself and he will be running ANGRY after last season.

                Also he would come some what cheap and he brings leadership. Something that has been missing.
                "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                Comment


                • #9
                  The veteran minimum for him is just under a million dollars. So no.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The team is moving forward, taking on Jacobs would be going backwards.

                    They drafted a running back in the first round, they have to use him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                      Because he's experienced, hungry to prove himself and he will be running ANGRY after last season.

                      Also he would come some what cheap and he brings leadership. Something that has been missing.
                      You dont think Brown and Wilson are eager to prove themselves?

                      I see no value in adding Jacobs for a mil a season as a backup to backups.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        The team is moving forward, taking on Jacobs would be going backwards.

                        They drafted a running back in the first round, they have to use him.
                        +1
                        No one remembers who came in second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          no

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We giant fans have a hard time moving on lol.....Bring in a rookie to go along with wilson/brown/scott....end of story

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Time to move on................
                              His legacy as a Giant is safe.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X