Release 3 save16 mil.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release 3 save16 mil.

Better yet a pay cut and keep them Webster 3M Diehl 1M Tuck 2M be about the most they are worth I would think even on the Fa market.

Corey Webster
    2013 cap number: $9.845M
    Dead money charge: $2.595M
    Cap Savings: $7.25M

David Diehl
    2013 cap number: $6.575M
    Dead money charge: $2.125M
    Cap Savings: $4.45M

Justin Tuck
    2013 cap number: $6.15M
    Dead money charge: $1.5M
    Cap Savings: $4.65M
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

They could all get more than what you proposed elsewhere except for Diehl.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Well then the question is what do you plan on doing with the 25 or so mil in cap room you have opened?

Spend it on FAs to replace the guys you just released?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        They could all get more elsewhere except for Diehl.
        Then you think Diehl will take a pay cut then.
        Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

as much as tuck has fell off, i dont see him going anywhere....DE is too unstable..

Comment

I don't know if I would cut Justin Tuck. Theres been some people saying that he should switch to DT.

Comment

Originally posted by teaneck View Post
              I don't know if I would cut Justin Tuck. Theres been some people saying that he should switch to DT.
              Tuck is not a DT.

Comment

I don't think Tuck is going anywhere, but after today, who knows. The other guys have probably begun packing, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Well then the question is what do you plan on doing with the 25 or so mil in cap room you have opened?Spend it on FAs to replace the guys you just released?
                  Get a head start on some contract with other guys?

Comment

Originally posted by teaneck View Post
                    Tuck as a full time DT would fall apart. You think he gassed out early in the past.... sheesh he would be walking out there lol

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                      Then you think Diehl will take a pay cut then.
                      Absolutely, yes.

His career is on life support and he knows that. He wants to remain a Giant.

Comment

I may be in the minority but I would like to see Tuck cut. He has meant a lot to the team but it is time to reload not rehash. He was completely nonexistent the entire season. Move Kiwi back to DE and use him with JPP and let Ojimo see what he can do coupled with at least 2 DLine picks and a FA or two. I'd rather lose with young hungry players than look like the Giants have looked defensively the majority of the last 4 seasons. Diehl should be gone and I would only keep CWebb as a backup at a severely reduced cost.

Comment

Originally posted by simmstolt View Post
                          I may be in the minority but I would like to see Tuck cut. He has meant a lot to the team but it is time to reload not rehash. He was completely nonexistent the entire season. Move Kiwi back to DE and use him with JPP and let Ojimo see what he can do coupled with at least 2 DLine picks and a FA or two. I'd rather lose with young hungry players than look like the Giants have looked defensively the majority of the last 4 seasons. Diehl should be gone and I would only keep CWebb as a backup at a severely reduced cost.
                          You can't just make rash decisions you have to think them through.

We have gaping holes at DT already, O-line, LB and CB.

If we cut Tuck this team would have more holes than we could possibly replace in one off season. Absolutely ZERO chance Tuck gets cut. We simply don't have the players or draft picks to replace him, unless of course they bring back Osi.

Comment

Working...
                          X