Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Running Back Position: Where They Are Now, And What Could Be Next

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...osition_w.html

Excerpt "The Giants released starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw today, as part of a round of cuts that saves the team about $13.75 million in cap space. The next question: Where do they go from here? Here's a look at the Giants running back position, and what moves they could make in the coming weeks:

David Wilson, last year’s first-round pick, is capable of being a “lead dog,”
    GM Jerry Reese said last month on WFAN Radio. Wilson’s NFL career got off to a slow start, but he picked up toward the end of the season, finishing with 71 carries for 358 yards and four rushing touchdowns. The speed he showed as one of the league’s best kickoff returners can be a weapon, but he’ll need to spend the offseason mastering the offense and improving in pass protection.

Re-sign Andre Brown.
    The Giants are expected to tender Brown, a restricted free agent, who scored eight touchdowns last season before breaking his fibula. Brown recently wrote on his Twitter account that his rehab from the injury is over and he is 100 percent. Tender amounts start at $1.323 million for the original-round level, which would stipulate compensation of a fourth-round pick in Brown’s case.

Tom Coughlin loves a three-headed monster
    at running back, so they’ll need to explore options. The 2013 running back free-agent market isn’t particularly deep, with Reggie Bush, Rashard Mendenhall and Shonn Greene among the names on the market. The Giants like Wilson and Brown, so what could make sense is a budget-friendly veteran who has the pass-protection skills to be used in a third-down role. They likely wouldn’t use a high draft pick at the position after selecting Wilson last year but could add depth in a later round." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Not worried about the RB position, we should be concerned with the defense

Comment

I think Brown will be the "lead dog". Better suited to handle the load.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        I think Brown will be the "lead dog". Better suited to handle the load.
        +1
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

lets grab miguel maysonet in the draft if possible.

Comment

The Giants like Wilson and Brown, so what could make sense is a budget-friendly veteran who has the pass-protection skills to be used in a third-down role.

Someone name me a better option than Jacobs.
            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
              lets grab miguel maysonet in the draft if possible.
              never heard of him but I watched his highlights, he looks solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                Not worried about the RB position, we should be concerned with the defense
                Fix the OL and the running game takes care of itself.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I was just thinking of Jacobs also after hearing Bradshaw was let go! If, and it's a big if, we could get him for a reasonable price, and he could fit in as a situation back, then I think he could give us 1-2 years of a bruiser for those 3rd downs we needed to convert this past season! All these cuts to date are acceptable but why is no one hearing about possibly getting rid of Diehl and Webster????

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    Fix the OL and the running game takes care of itself.
                    Im in
                    The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                      The Giants like Wilson and Brown, so what could make sense is a budget-friendly veteran who has the pass-protection skills to be used in a third-down role.

Someone name me a better option than Jacobs.
                      The article names three: Bush, Mendenhall, and Greene.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosynciere View Post
                        The article names three: Bush, Mendenhall, and Greene.
                        Ok, now name someone that fits into our budget better than Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                          Ok, now name someone that fits into our budget better than Jacobs.
                          Jacobs is done, he's useless, even if we signed him for free

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                            Jacobs is done, he's useless, even if we signed him for free
                            Are you comfortable going into the season with Wilson, Brown, & Scott or Trupkin? Because that scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                              Are you comfortable going into the season with Wilson, Brown, & Scott or Trupkin? Because that scares the hell out of me.
                              yes I am, all of those guys are better than Jacobs right now

Comment

Working...
                              X