Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Veteran FA RB's for Backup Duty

http://www.theredzone.org/showposition.aspx?position=RB

I could definitely see us bringing in one of these UFA's for the league minimum for insurance purposes. Jackie Battle, Justin Forsett, Brian Leonard, Stephens-Howling, Kevin Smith look like some guys who could fit the bill.

A FA running back is the last thing the Giants should spend money on!
    If anything, an established pass rusher or run stopper is a bigger priority, if they choose to splurge on a FA.
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Stephens-Howling at all. Gives the team more speed and can contribute on returns too. I don't think it'll happen though cause he had somewhat of a small breakout late last year and could get some interest from other teams as a Sproles type back.

Jackie is interesting also but would probably cost more than they want to spend. I think they just end up taking a late round running back again.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        A FA running back is the last thing the Giants should spend money on!
        If anything, an established pass rusher or run stopper is a bigger priority, if they choose to splurge on a FA.
        Eh, no one is recommending a "splurge" here . . . . just bringing in a veteran backup for the league minimum. This will almost surely happen.

Edit: Forgot that we still have Ryan Torrain. he could be the veteran that we keep around as insurance in case of injury.
        Last edited by TCHOF; 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

The minimum on guys a few years into the league is not cheap. We're talking 700k a year + depending how long they have been in the league.

If they want more depth behind Wilson, Brown, and Scott. Then draft a guy mid-late rounds

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            The minimum on guys a few years into the league is not cheap. We're talking 700k a year + depending how long they have been in the league.

If they want more depth behind Wilson, Brown, and Scott. Then draft a guy mid-late rounds
            They will draft a mid round bruiser that can block. Maybe Leveon Bell someone like that

Comment

I am wondering if D'Relle Scott finally gets his shot as well. We know the guys has speed!

Howling would be good, Forsett would be good.
              Last edited by Tommy_Ribs; 02-07-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Jacobs for third down duty. Knows the protections, Eli and TC trust him and lets face it this is a passing team that thrives on holding protection for a long time.

The vet min for him is 820k but the cap hit is half of that due to the veteran salary benefit.

Comment

Wouldn't mind LeGarrett Blount if we can't bring back Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                    Wouldn't mind LeGarrett Blount if we can't bring back Brown.
                    brown is a restricted rights free agent. The only way he can even talk to other teams is if the giants chose to not keep him.

Comment

Oooh, Danny Woodhead is on that list. I wonder what his market value is? A cheap RB/WR is always beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Edit: Forgot that we still have Ryan Torrain. he could be the veteran that we keep around as insurance in case of injury.
                        Nah, he was only a one-year deal. And he's rubbish.

I imagine Stephens-Howling will attract a bit of attention on the open market, and I don't think he'd be a good fit considering both Wilson and Scott are burners.

What about Mike Goodson?

Comment

shonn greene, we could use a power back

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                            Andre Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                              Bringing in a former Jet is like dating a woman that has herpes.

Comment

Working...
                              X