Giants resign Shaun Rogers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
    DAMN. Was I just reading one of my wife's medical journals? Nice info. Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express??? lol
    No. My wife has clotting issues, so I'm relatively well versed in this particular area of medicine, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
      No. My wife has clotting issues, so I'm relatively well versed in this particular area of medicine, lol.
      DAMN, I was just going to ask for a free exam
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Rogers & Linval, sounds like a law firm; love the signing

Comment

Hate to hear that. Hope its well managed. I'm impressed either way.
          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
            Youre kidding right??

Linval is the only real proven talent that we have at DT. Rodgers was a good DT 3-4 years ago, Kuhn hasn't played nearly enough and Austin is constantly injured.

We need another DT
            Could be right but Linval and Shaun will babysit Austin . That been said it appears the FO is giving Austin his shot. Better take this opportuniry and run with it or else.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
              Could be right but Linval and Shaun will babysit Austin . That been said it appears the FO is giving Austin his shot. Better take this opportuniry and run with it or else.
              Austin is basically getting the Barden treatment: Now's your time to break out, or you're gone the following year.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

LOVE IT... cheap and he's a mammoth of a man if he can stay healthy. Beast against the run. Guy takes up 3 blockers, not 2
                "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                  Hate to hear that. Hope its well managed. I'm impressed either way.
                  It currently is. Unfortunately, last year she got bi-lateral pulmonary emboli after being non-symptomatic (and not on an AC regimen) for over 8 years. Definitely a scary situation. Messed up thing is her leg was bothering her for a bit, so the doctor sent her for an ultrasound. It came back negative. 5 days later her lungs were full of clots that broke off her DVT. Luckily, she's doing well now and on a course of treatment.

Comment

Youre kidding right??

Linval is the only real proven talent that we have at DT. Rodgers was a good DT 3-4 years ago, Kuhn hasn't played nearly enough and Austin is constantly injured.

We need another DT
                    I agree. Right now, I have Marvin Austin pencilled in as a bust, and Kuhn hasn't proven anything either. And like you said, it's been a while since Rodgers scared anyone.

But still, at least this gives a little depth. I do think Rodgers can improve the unit.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Youre kidding right??

We need another DT
                      Granted we didn't get a full time starter in Rogers, but we did get a solid rotational piece to add to the mix. It may not be the​ answer, but it certainly is part of it.

Comment

It currently is. Unfortunately, last year she got bi-lateral pulmonary emboli after being non-symptomatic (and not on an AC regimen) for over 8 years. Definitely a scary situation. Messed up thing is her leg was bothering her for a bit, so the doctor sent her for an ultrasound. It came back negative. 5 days later her lungs were full of clots that broke off her DVT. Luckily, she's doing well now and on a course of treatment.
                        Best wishes. Gees its scary, but with so many of my family in medicine, I understood all that. Yikes.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                          I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good.
                          I saw same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                            Giants now have Rogers, Marvin Austin, Linval Joseph and Markus Kuhn at DT.

Now let's look at getting that OL revamped.
                            I think that DT still needs some attention. I'm not crazy about the talent at the position, aside from Joseph.

Those are just names filling out roster spots, not exactly great talent. But Rogers is better than nothing, which is basically what Austin and Kuhn are until they prove otherwise.

Austin hasn't done anything, and Kuhn has done next to nothing. Don't even think that Kuhn will make it out of training camp this year, and Austin may not either.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                              Interesting. He's getting up in age but if he can stay healthy he can be good depth at the defensive tackle position.
                              im sure he would be making 5 times less then Canty would of made and if he can stay healthy it will be a win win
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                                I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good.
                                You are not alone. I didn't see much while he was out on the field from him. Pushed around most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X