X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength of schedule.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000137115/
    Mood: WOOF!

Well, it's a lot better than this year where we were near or at the top of tough schedules. I wrote a message about this a month or so ago. I compared 2012 to 2013 based on opponents performance in 2012.

Based on 2012 performance we have the easiest schedule in our division but not by much. Actually all four teams are around the middle of the pack.

Of course, this is just one aspect of what goes into a successful season but it sure is important for getting into the playoffs and one should never underestimate the importance of that.

Comment

I have dug into the details, but I don't (mathematically) understand how the Eagles who will play a 4th place schedule could have a more difficult schedule the Cowboys or us.

Comment

Teams can change so much over the course of an off-season, you don't truly know the strength of your schedule until you've finished playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Teams can change so much over the course of an off-season, you don't truly know the strength of your schedule until you've finished playing it.
          This is true in the strict sense of the words but the difference between our 2012 and 2013 is so huge that there is no way next year will be tougher than this year. Of course, this is only 10% of the equation. The 90% is how good of a team we are next year. But given how close we came to making the playoffs this year, I am convinced we would have made it if we had had a half decent schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
            I have dug into the details, but I don't (mathematically) understand how the Eagles who will play a 4th place schedule could have a more difficult schedule the Cowboys or us.
            It is because it looks at our schedule as having two games against the Eagles who were 4 and 12, while they have two against us at 9-7. Two games against them at 4-12 decreases our opponents overall winning%. While us at 9-7 increases there opponents winning%.

Comment

if we go 9-7 with that schedule, someone needs to get fired...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                damn cowboys...lol
                They could be playing the Chiefs for all 16 games and still find a way to lose.

Comment

At least the Cowboys have to travel down to the Bayou and we don't. Plus they're going to have Rob Ryan next year

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                    Very very true.

And us playing lesser teams don't really​ favor us since we play to the level of our competition. Maybe that will change this year..

Comment

HAHA, the 4 AFC West teams are in the bottom 5 of SOS. That pretyt much sums up that division.
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                        At least the Cowboys have to travel down to the Bayou and we don't. Plus they're going to have Rob Ryan next year
                        Lol remember when Sean Payton first arrived on the Saints from the cowboys... he curb stomped them so hard. It's going to be all that all over again.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Bout time we got a slightly easier schedule. Last year and year before were unreal. So was 08
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

We face a tough division in the NFC north next year and we have Seattle and New Orleans and of course we can't seem to beat our division rivals either.

No schedule is easy in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                              We face a tough division in the NFC north next year and we have Seattle and New Orleans and of course we can't seem to beat our division rivals either.

No schedule is easy in the NFL.
                              No schedule is easy if you're the Giants

Comment

Working...
                              X