Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for some of you about keeping Corey Webster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for some of you about keeping Corey Webster

    why would any of you want to keep Corey Webster with how bad he played last year. he was seriously terrible. by the end of the season he look like he was just giving up on plays. wouldn't you want to cut him and pay money to a free agent corner that is actually good. he's really not that big of a loss if we cut him.... not a standout corner in the NFL, not even a standout player on the Giants who don't even have Good cornerbacks. why would you want him to stay?

  • #2
    I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Corey Toaster...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        The FA market for CB year in and year out is always overblown . I prefer to eat away the cap hit on Webster's contract at least for one more year and have a well known veteran presence on the team. For what its worth I cut Corey some slack this past year playing with a broken hand practically half a season. Like Slip mention we can look for his replacement via draft this year, the's good material available.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

        Comment


        • #5
          While his stay as a Giant has to be in question,it is still up to the folks in high places to decide.It was e vident in many games that the opposing team went after Corey early in the game.Sometimes he withstood the th barrage of passes his way and settled into having a pretty good game while other times he was singled out and played poorly.I am sure he is being highly scrutinized and having released two defensive veterans already,it would not shock me to see him join them.One thing to note in his defense is his superlative hands which have lead to many interceptions.Many backs are good in coverage but miss opportunities for int.'s because they just don't have good hands and never will.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.
            You wanna draft corner high?? We did draft prince in the first and Hosely in the 3rd? We still have needs at lb and o line also.... I wouldn't mind getting a corner in the draft but they never adress the oline LB positions though I feel like gotta make a move this year. I feel like we have a lot to do after seeing these cuts haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Toast... sometimes light, sometimes dark but the numbers aren't good. Even when he played and put it out there he got rocked. And don't talk about Holsey being the answer. Is Sam Madison still playin? Go Giants!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.
                +1. I'm willing to bet that it was an off year for Webster due to injuries and whatever else. $7M is not bad for a very good CB, which is what Web was before last year. There's not enough proven depth at the position to get rid of him yet.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BigJ View Post
                  You wanna draft corner high?? We did draft prince in the first and Hosely in the 3rd? We still have needs at lb and o line also.... I wouldn't mind getting a corner in the draft but they never adress the oline LB positions though I feel like gotta make a move this year. I feel like we have a lot to do after seeing these cuts haha
                  I think they try to address OT (especially if they lose Beatty) and DT in FA. CB they take one probably 2-4th round, there is some good quality there this year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There is also the fact that is was just one poor year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                      +1. I'm willing to bet that it was an off year for Webster due to injuries and whatever else. $7M is not bad for a very good CB, which is what Web was before last year. There's not enough proven depth at the position to get rid of him yet.
                      He is in no way worth 7 mill this year.... Your telling me we can't get a better corner back in free agency this year and pay him around 7 mill???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He much would they save if they cut him?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          it has nothing to even do with just one year but also that he is due a lot of money. He is not worth 7 mil, we could get same production for like 2-3 mil easily.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigbluetribe View Post
                            it has nothing to even do with just one year but also that he is due a lot of money. He is not worth 7 mil, we could get same production for like 2-3 mil easily.
                            The same production as this past year? Yes. The same production as '10 or '11, probably not. That would be more in the $5m-$8m range.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BigJ View Post
                              He is in no way worth 7 mill this year.... Your telling me we can't get a better corner back in free agency this year and pay him around 7 mill???
                              I'd try to get him to take a cut, but would keep him at 7M if necessary for one 1-YR. I'm paying him for 1 more year based on what he's proven in his career. He's not old.

                              How do we know that we can get a better corner in the draft? Someone who's ready to start from day 1 opposite Prince?

                              Web had 4 or 5 excellent years in a row. I'm not going to destroy what's left of any depth that we have in the secondary.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X