No announcement yet.

We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said. Giants put a limit on what they are willing to pay for Cruz. Cruz wants considerably more.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      I admittedly don't know a lot about the inner workings of professional football. I do know about contract negotiations. This is how it usually works. One side presents a proposal, the other side laughs out loud and says we can't give you the moon. The original proposer says well then we want the sun and the stars, and the other side say we'll consider the sun and half of the stars....... Each side knows going in the line they will not cross. When that point is reached by either side, sabres rattle.

It's a process, it takes time, they have time.
      That describes my marriage of 30 years too !

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Like I said. Giants put a limit on what they are willing to pay for Cruz. Cruz wants considerably more.
        So do I.
        Doesn't mean either of us is getting it.
        Its a process Slippy.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razur View Post
          That describes my marriage of 30 years too !
          It's all a negotiation lol
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

In my marraige its a different process.
            I ask for something.
            She doesn't think its necessary.
            I whine.
            She gives in.

My system works.

Comment

And a LOT of sabre rattling !!! Well..she rattles....I laugh...and then do what ever the hell she told me to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razur View Post
                And a LOT of sabre rattling !!! Well..she rattles....I laugh...and then do what ever the hell she told me to do.
                That sounds about right
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  In my marraige its a different process.
                  I ask for something.
                  She doesn't think its necessary.
                  I whine.
                  She gives in.

My system works.
                  That is because you are so special

Comment

So do I.
                    Doesn't mean either of us is getting it.
                    Its a process Slippy.
                    Yea. And Cruz will get tagged next season. And play under it. Then move on to some other team after that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                      Look at his numbers over the past 2 years. Very comparable to top 5 WR's in the NFL. Is he worth 8-10mil? probably. Just dont thing we're willing to pay that kind of money...
                      I get what ur sayin...but people don't realize when a team pays a player that much money they don't have enough money to get other quality starters.

Larry Fitz Cards...team sucks with decent defense
                      Mario Williams...team sucks
                      Calvin Johnson....team is decent at best
                      Mike Vick 13.9 Mil....team sucks
                      Tambi Hali...14.5 Mil...team sucks
                      Phillip Rivers..15.3 Mil....team sucks
                      Sam Bradford 15.6 Mil...team sucks

and the list goes on and on....

Comment

Yea. And Cruz will get tagged next season. And play under it. Then move on to some other team after that season.
                        I doubt it very much.
                        He will test the market (if they don't agree first). He won't get what he thinks he should. (because no one wants to pay him AND give up a 1st round pick) We will then do a deal. Its in his interest to do so. Careers can end in a heartbeat in the NFL and he knows it.

Comment

Cruz might take his talents to South Beach.

Comment

I doubt it very much.
                            He will test the market (if they don't agree first). He won't get what he thinks he should. (because no one wants to pay him AND give up a 1st round pick) We will then do a deal. Its in his interest to do so. Careers can end in a heartbeat in the NFL and he knows it.

It's possible. But it didn't work for the steelers with Wallace.

Comment

• Wallace has no hands..he will burn the DB and be wide open for a TD and drop the ball

Comment

I doubt it very much.
                                There is plenty of time to get a deal done. But, if a tender is placed, I agree with Slip as I can't see Cruz coming back in 2014 becasue he's going to lose an estimated (mine) $5M -10M in 2013. Like him, hate him, he is entitled to fair compensation.

Comment

Working...
                                X