We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There is plenty of time to get a deal done. But, if a tender is placed, I agree with Slip as I can't see Cruz coming back in 2014 becasue he's going to lose an estimated (mine) $5M -10M in 2013. Like him, hate him, he is entitled to fair compensation.
    That will also give us another year to evaluate Nicks to see if hes back to his old self before he hits the market. Don't see how we can possibly keep both cruz and nicks

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
      Wallace has no hands..he will burn the DB and be wide open for a TD and drop the ball
      Cruz was like top 5 in dropped passes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
        That will also give us another year to evaluate Nicks to see if hes back to his old self before he hits the market. Don't see how we can possibly keep both cruz and nicks
        They could. Most big contracts will be off the books in the coming years. Key is not over paying for any of them.

Comment

We can't and unless Nicks has a career ending injury or leaves for some other reason, Cruz will play his last game as a Giant in 2013 IF they apply and enforce the tender.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Cruz was like top 5 in dropped passes...
            lol the one thing they have in common. Very different receivers if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              It's possible. But it didn't work for the steelers with Wallace.
              Wallace took a big risk in doing what he did. But your point is well taken.
              I just think Cruz wants to be here and is posturing to get the best deal he can.
              I also think that Mike Wallace should command more attention on the FA market then Cruz would. Wallace is getting paid because that kind of speed is rare. there is a lot more nuance to Cruz's game. He's not necessarily a great fit with a lot of teams. Wallace's game works anywhere.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Randle is also our "insurance policy" in the event we lose one of the aforementioned receivers. We can survive the loss of either as long as Randle continues to show growth or we get more improvement out of our running game ala Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Wallace took a big risk in doing what he did. But your point is taken.
                  I just think Cruz wants to be here and is posturing to get the best deal he can.
                  I also think that Mike Wallace should command more attention on the FA market then Cruz would. Wallace is getting paid because that kind of speed is rare. there is a lot more nuance to Cruz's game. He's not necessarily a great fit with a lot of teams. Wallace's game works anywhere.
                  It's also entirely possible that Cruz is waiting for Wallace to sign and then tries to use that contract as his guide. Either higher or lower than he is asking now.

Comment

Look at his numbers over the past 2 years. Very comparable to top 5 WR's in the NFL. Is he worth 8-10mil? probably. Just dont thing we're willing to pay that kind of money...
                    His 2011 was top 5
                    His 2012 was top 15

That is probably the most basic way we can look at both sides of the negotiation with throwing in speculation.

Comment

lol the one thing they have in common. Very different receivers if you ask me.
                      they are very diff receivers. Cruz's problem is he is thinking about YAC..when Wallace will have no one in front of him and just drop it.

Comment

they are very diff receivers. Cruz's problem is he is thinking about YAC..when Wallace will have no one in front of him and just drop it.
                        A drop is a drop. don't care how or what the conditions are or what you are thinking about when you do it. Both affect your team the same way.

Comment

A drop is a drop. don't care how or what the conditions are or what you are thinking about when you do it. Both affect your team the same way.
                          ur right, but i see one as being more of a physical problem. IMO all Wallace has is speed

Comment

ur right, but i see one as being more of a physical problem. IMO all Wallace has is speed
                            The guy can get over the top of anybody in the NFL - and you saw how he ran out from the backfield against the Giants. Hard to minimize that kind of speed.

Comment

• I'll take a player like Nicks or Cruz over him any day of the week and not think twice

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Wallace took a big risk in doing what he did. But your point is well taken.
                                BINGO.
                                Morehead hit's the nail on the head here. It's not a diss on Cruz at all, but the fact remains that he excels in a certain kind of offense, and you can't transplant him just anywhere and expect the same success from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X