Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njg85m View Post
    BINGO.
    Morehead hit's the nail on the head here. It's not a diss on Cruz at all, but the fact remains that he excels in a certain kind of offense, and you can't transplant him just anywhere and expect the same success from him.
    While this may be true, it doesn't really matter. Somebody will give him stupid money, even if we don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
      While this may be true, it doesn't really matter. Somebody will give him stupid money, even if we don't.
      It's the curse of the CAP
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        We can't and unless Nicks has a career ending injury or leaves for some other reason, Cruz will play his last game as a Giant in 2013 IF they apply and enforce the tender.
        Pardon, Monsieur, mais Je na sais pas ce "tender" signifie.

What is this tender business all about? I've never heard of it, what is it???
        Last edited by CowboysSuck; 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Can't really blame someone for getting as much as he can. I would love for us to sign Victor for a long contract and I hope we can do so. I just have a feeling that another team is going to pay him ridiculous money that we may not be able to match.

Comment

• New York Giants Owner John Mara Says Team Won’t Break the Bank for Victor Cruz

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/01/...r-victor-cruz/

Excerpt: "New York Giants wideout Victor Cruz is a restricted free agent this offseason. Given the great measure of success (both on and off the field) that Cruz has seen in Blue, it’s safe to assume that it’s in the best interest of both parties to make sure No. 80 is a Giant in 2013. Although both sides have remained optimistic in negotiations, there have been some recent rumblings that suggest contract negotiations are not going as smoothly as anticipated.

Yesterday, Cruz broke the news that there has been no recent movement in contract talks. Today, Bob Hubbuch of the New York Post reports that although Giants owner John Mara wants to bring Cruz back, he thinks that Cruz’s current demands are out of Big Blue’s price range. Furthermore, Mara says it would “safe to assume” that the team would place a high tender on Cruz in free agency.: Read more...
            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM.
            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
              Pardon, Monsieur, mais Je na connais pas quest-ce le "tender".

What is this tender business all about? I've never heard of it, what is it???
              Restricted Free Agents (RFA) peut être: «appel d'offres» avec un choix au repêchage. Une fois que l'Agence commence gratuit, aucune autre équipe ne peut faire une offre pour le joueur si ils sont prêts à renoncer au Repêchage placé par le tgeam d'origine. Il le cas de la Cruz, qui sera probablement un appel d'offres le 1er tour.

Restricted Free Agents (RFA) can be :"tendered" with a draft pick. Once Free Agency Starts, any other team can make an offer to the player if they are willing to give up the draft pick placed by the original team. It the case of Cruz, that will likely be a 1st round tender
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I was nodding until ...

so there is no reason to break the bank on a player who might be the third-best wideout on the team in 2014
                Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.

Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).

P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                  Can't really blame someone for getting as much as he can. I would love for us to sign Victor for a long contract and I hope we can do so. I just have a feeling that another team is going to pay him ridiculous money that we may not be able to match.
                  There really is plenty of time to get a long term deal done. We are watching the sausage making process. The end result is what matters.

Comment

• merci, Lol.

I've been spending many a weekend in my parents homeland (Quebec) lately. I even dreamed in french last night (pretty ****in weird)

Wait so, wouldnt that apply to this offseason? Say the Patriots want him and they agree to give up a 1st rounder, they can then make him an offer? So wouldnt that mean he leaves and doesnt play for us in the 2013 season? How does this "tender" thing keep Cruz here at least one more year?
                    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 02-01-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jppallday View Post
                      As much as I love Cruz and think he is a great player, I do not want to see the Giants give him too much money. Nicks i8s the better receiver in my opinion, and you saw how the offense struggled without him at full strength. If Cruz wants too much and he ends up leaving, so be it. We will replace him some how
                      Ya we will live if he does leave. What is it with players these days thinking after 2 good years they deserve all this money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        I was nodding until ...

Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.

Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).

P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
                        I disagree. I think that slot position puts the receiver in favorable positions. I mean Steve Smith had 100 catches there and now Cruz has been dominate there. Its hard for me to believe we just stumbled on two outstanding WRs.

Comment

• Whoever wrote this article is reaching with Victor Cruz saying that he was a true #1 WR last season and that he might be the 3rd best WR on the Giants by 2014.
                          New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
                            Ya we will live if he does leave. What is it with players these days thinking after 2 good years they deserve all this money.
                            Seems like treason to us fans. Even I fall into the pit of "b-b-b-butt he loves the Giants...doesn't he??"

In reality, just about everyone would take 15mil more dollars to play on another team, in a different city. Would you pass up over 10mil just to be seen as "loyal" to your team?

RF: Still wondering how this works. See question in my previous post

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              I was nodding until ...Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
                              Third had me shaking my head too. I think Hakeem Nicks is the better receiver although think Victor is a close second. The thing that hurt us a lot this year wasn't having Mario on the team to stretch defenses and we really missed him. I wonder if Harbaugh in signing MM did it as much to deracinate our offense as to improve his.Victor didn't have an average season for a WR in 2012, he had an average season for a great wide receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                                Whoever wrote this article is reaching with Victor Cruz saying that he was a true #1 WR last season and that he might be the 3rd best WR on the Giants by 2014.
                                "Although he’s a talented wide receiver, he proved this season that he’s not a true No. 1 wide receiver."

I think you read it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X