Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    I was nodding until ...

Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.

Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).

P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
    Cruz has proven to be more durable, but I'd say Hakeem is the best receiver the Giants have.

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
      Seems like treason to us fans. Even I fall into the pit of "b-b-b-butt he loves the Giants...doesn't he??"In reality, just about everyone would take 15mil more dollars to play on another team, in a different city. Would you pass up over 10mil just to be seen as "loyal" to your team?RF: Still wondering how this works. See question in my previous post
      That depends if it was guaranteed money or incentive based. I've seen what happens to good wr's that go to a team with a ****ty qb.

Comment

merci, Lol.

I've been spending many a weekend in my parents homeland (Quebec) lately. I even dreamed in french last night (pretty ****in weird)

Wait so, wouldnt that apply to this offseason? Say the Patriots want him and they agree to give up a 1st rounder, they can then make him an offer? So wouldnt that mean he leaves and doesnt play for us in the 2013 season? How does this "tender" thing keep Cruz here at least one more year?

Oui, but whatever offer is made by another team, the Giants can match if they elect to do so or let him go and get an additional 1st round pick. That rarely happens, but it could. A first round tender only pays $2.8M. Not matter what one thinks of Cruz, he's worth significant;y more than that. A team who needs a receiving play maker and has lots of CAP space, might just out offer the Giants.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Undoubtedly, when healthy, Nicks is the best WR on the team.

Cruz choses his fate over the coming months.

Option 1: Quick cash, short career (leaves my beloved Gmen)

Option2: Decent, long-term money and an extended, potential HOF ballot career.

Think im BS'ing you...? See: Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Jeremy Shockey, Ballard(TBD). And lets see if Mario stays as productive. History is already written for Cruz, he just decides which path to take from here on out; the choice is his.

Comment

Undoubtedly, when healthy, Nicks is the best WR on the team.Cruz choses his fate over the coming months.Option 1: Quick cash, short career (leaves my beloved Gmen)Option2: Decent, long-term money and an extended, potential HOF ballot career.Think im BS'ing you...? See: Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Jeremy Shockey, Ballard(TBD). And lets see if Mario stays as productive. History is already written for Cruz, he just decides which path to take from here on out; the choice is his.
            +1

Comment

Undoubtedly, when healthy, Nicks is the best WR on the team.

Cruz choses his fate over the coming months.

Option 1: Quick cash, short career (leaves my beloved Gmen)

Option2: Decent, long-term money and an extended, potential HOF ballot career.

Think im BS'ing you...? See: Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Jeremy Shockey, Ballard(TBD). And lets see if Mario stays as productive. History is already written for Cruz, he just decides which path to take from here on out; the choice is his.

Cruz only has an option IF another team offers him the bank and gives up a first round pick. At this moment in time, he's not been tendered which would indicate there is still a negotiation in process. They could also tender him and continue to negotiate.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I will not be upset either way.

If option 1 happens....Good for us. I'm glad we stood strong. I can't wait to see how good Randle is, if Jernigan will turn the corner, and just how elite Nicks really is. Also would be excited about seeing Adrien Robinson. Excited for a lot of reasons, Cruz leaving is kind of a classic "prove what we are made of" Giants moment.

If option 2 happen....Good for us. I'm glas Cruz decided to stay and our Nicks-Cruz-Randle offense will be underway. Lets see just how good this can really be. No complaints.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Cruz only has an option IF another team offers him the back and gives up a first round pick. At this moment in time, he's not been tendered which would indicate there is still a negotiation in process. They could also tender him and continue to negotiate.
                  I think there is a 70% chance he stays for 2013. Yet, due to the fact that we MUST keep Nicks, I'd say only a 40-50% chance he is here in 2014.

I can't believe I'm saying this because all along, I think the majority of us (well over 80%) believed that Cruz-Nicks would both be locked-up, long-term players for us. Well, the reality of business is here folks. Looks like that might just be what it was: A belief. A dream (still may come true, who knows).
                  Last edited by CowboysSuck; 02-01-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Just pay da man!

Comment

I think there is a 70% chance he stays for 2013. Yet, due to the fact that we MUST keep Nicks, I'd say only a 40-50% chance he is here in 2014.

I can't believe I'm saying this because all along, I think the majority of us (well over 80%) believed that Cruz-Nicks would both be locked-up, long-term players for us. Well, the reality of business is here folks. Looks like that might just be what it was: A dream.
                      Cruz is probably more like 90% probable to be here for 2013 UNLESS some obscene $$$ is laid in front of him in a long term package with significant guaranteed money. He also doesn't want to go to a team farther away from contending than the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        Just pay da man!

You Little Rascal

Comment

• those are some big dollars. they look like whole sheets of paper lol

Comment

those are some big dollars. they look like whole sheets of paper lol
                            Euros

Comment

I think there is a 70% chance he stays for 2013.
                              Its way higher than 70%. A team has to give him a huge contract and give the giants a first round pick if they want him, and the giants would have the opportunity to match the contract he is offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                                Its way higher than 70%. A team has to give him a huge contract and give the giants a first round pick if they want him, and the giants would have the opportunity to match the contract he is offered.
                                Yeah..Its more like 95%.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X