No announcement yet.

We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• by next year I mean the upcoming season..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Does that mean we draft a WR in the 1st? Or do we ride with Nicks/Randle/Hixon/Jernigan?
      We have a 31th ranked defense and Nicks is the only solid WR, of course you can 'ride' with those players but you won't get far.

Comment

• Is it a safe bet to assume Cruz will get the highest Tender? 1st and 3rd?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Another Cruz thread?

It's not likely we'll lose him for 2013, if at all
          It's a "what-if" thread, which is an awesome thread idea so people can form opinions. When we have to see "TOM COUGHLIN PICKS NOSE AT TRAINING CAMP" threads created by yours truly....... then that really has no room for discussion.

Don't be mad that Rudyy here came up with a viable discussion thread that creates activity on the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by 80and88 View Post
            Could someone give me the dates of restricted free agency? also, why does Cruz say we have a year to work it out. He could be gone this year? A receiver needy team like the phins could offer him 10 million a year, the Giants choose not to match, and the phins send the Giants their 1st rounder, and walla Cruz is wearing white and green next year. Am I missing something?

Thanks guys.
            Cruz didn't say that, John Mara said they have a year to work it out. You have the gist of RFA but 1st round draft picks are not easy to give away and Cruz would have to think long and hard about the prpospects of another team being in the playoff hunt in 2013. It makes no sense for him to go to a team who isn't well placed to be in the hunt. You can be the best receiver on the planet but if you are playing for a 3 - 13 team it's all for nothing.
            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-01-2013, 07:06 PM.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              It's his team, but not his money. The players' salaries are completely covered by TV contracts
              that i did not know...learned something new today. So all that money the team brings in for tickets, merchandise, concessions etc...go directly into his pocket?

Comment

Is it a safe bet to assume Cruz will get the highest Tender? 1st and 3rd?
                It's now only a 1st, the rules changed
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                  that i did not know...learned something new today. So all that money the team brings in for tickets, merchandise, concessions etc...go directly into his pocket?
                  Not really, it goes into the business and he gets a salary like everyone else. I will bet he doesn't get Eli's salary lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Does that mean we draft a WR in the 1st? Or do we ride with Nicks/Randle/Hixon/Jernigan?
                    Please no. This team has put enough investments into the WR position the last few years. I mean I guess Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen wouldn't be the worst picks in the world but it's just not a strong draft up top for the position. Better off going in the mid to late range.

Comment

• If we lose Cruz, Giants can draft another wr but not rule out other options. Giants really don't have a Speed guy and they should look for one even if they don't lose Cruz.

Comment

• I said this also yeterday and got flamed for it...I doubt we go WR in the first, but if another value player like what happened with Reuben Randle drops to us again we are going to draft him. Think about it, there is a possibility that we lose Cruz and Nicks, they both are gonna command big contracts. Even if they stay where is the depth behind them?

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan..only receivers currently signed for next season..who is our #5 and # 6 receivers? Barden most likely will not be re-signed and Hixon also might not be re-signed even though i think he has been a good player for us. We need 1 or 2 receivers no matter what way you look at it

Comment

• Thanks Ro. I know everyone loves cruz. As do I, but think what two firsts could get us. I realize that no one is guaranteed to be a star, but two firsts? lock down RT, and maybe even a Mike backer that we all want. Or whatever combo you want/BPA. RT and a CB, RT and a DE? I'm torn between the want of another 1st and the nightmare of letting Cruz walk.

Ugh.

Comment

Thanks Ro. I know everyone loves cruz. As do I, but think what two firsts could get us. I realize that no one is guaranteed to be a star, but two firsts? lock down RT, and maybe even a Mike backer that we all want. Or whatever combo you want/BPA. RT and a CB, RT and a DE? I'm torn between the want of another 1st and the nightmare of letting Cruz walk.

Ugh.
                            I get your point, but usually better to keep a proven play maker if you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              Please no. This team has put enough investments into the WR position the last few years. I mean I guess Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen wouldn't be the worst picks in the world but it's just not a strong draft up top for the position. Better off going in the mid to late range.
                              That's what I was afraid of as well if Cruz left. I would hate to see our 1st pick be a wide out but if he does leave....
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• If we lost Cruz the best thing to do would be to bring in a decent free agent with some experience and a manageable price tag. Someone who's reliable but not elite.

We already have enough developing young talent at WR and we need our draft picks for LB, OL, DL, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X