We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I said this also yeterday and got flamed for it...I doubt we go WR in the first, but if another value player like what happened with Reuben Randle drops to us again we are going to draft him. Think about it, there is a possibility that we lose Cruz and Nicks, they both are gonna command big contracts. Even if they stay where is the depth behind them?

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan..only receivers currently signed for next season..who is our #5 and # 6 receivers? Barden most likely will not be re-signed and Hixon also might not be re-signed even though i think he has been a good player for us. We need 1 or 2 receivers no matter what way you look at it
    I would hate to see us spend a 1st or 2nd on a WR unless he's like a Megatron or whatever.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      I would hate to see us spend a 1st or 2nd on a WR unless he's like a Megatron or whatever.
      don't think there's a Megatron in the draft this year..

Comment

• “I have no answer to that,” Cruz told the News when asked if he would consider a holdout.
        http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...le-out-holdout

Comment

• Originally posted by KidA View Post
          If we lost Cruz the best thing to do would be to bring in a decent free agent with some experience and a manageable price tag. Someone who's reliable but not elite.

We already have enough developing young talent at WR and we need our draft picks for LB, OL, DL, etc.
          we have 4 receivers signed today...I don't get these we have enough WR statements. We have 2 slots to fill by either drafting or re-signing Hixon and Barden or 2 FA's

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            that's a once in a generation type player...just as Jerry Rice was in his time

Comment

• More posturing
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                don't think there's a Megatron in the draft this year..
                I know that lol.

Comment

we have 4 receivers signed today...I don't get these we have enough WR statements. We have 2 slots to fill by either drafting or re-signing Hixon and Barden or 2 FA's
                  probally Barden & Hixon option..

Comment

that's a once in a generation type player...just as Jerry Rice was in his time
                    I wasn't trying to be serious. This draft class isn't that great, was just using Megatron as an example, probably not a good example but oh well haha.
                    Last edited by Rudy; 02-01-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Cruz didn't say that, John Mara said they have a year to work it out. You have the gist of RFA but 1st round draft picks are not easy to give away and Cruz would have to think long and hard about the prpospects of another team being in the playoff hunt in 2013. It makes no sense for him to go to a team who isn't well placed to be in the hunt. You can be the best receiver on the planet but if you are playing for a 3 - 13 team it's all for nothing.
                      It's not all for nothing if you're making 10+ million a year. For many players its all about the money. We don't know yet if this is how Cruz is thinking but we'll soon find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        It's not all for nothing if you're making 10+ million a year. For many players its all about the money. We don't know yet if this is how Cruz is thinking but we'll soon find out.
                        Perhaps, but playing in the largest media market in the world is very different from, say Cleveland. Cruz has already benefited from commercial exposure that would dry up in most other markets.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          More posturing
                          I'd just hate to see this get to the point where Cruz is riding a bike while the rest of the team practices.

Comment

• i know u weren't. And if there was a megatron junior in this years draft we should trade up. This a weak WR class, you are right

Comment

I said this also yeterday and got flamed for it...I doubt we go WR in the first, but if another value player like what happened with Reuben Randle drops to us again we are going to draft him. Think about it, there is a possibility that we lose Cruz and Nicks, they both are gonna command big contracts. Even if they stay where is the depth behind them?

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan..only receivers currently signed for next season..who is our #5 and # 6 receivers? Barden most likely will not be re-signed and Hixon also might not be re-signed even though i think he has been a good player for us. We need 1 or 2 receivers no matter what way you look at it
                              Nicks needs to stay healthy this year or he'll have no leg to stand on. No pun intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                I'd just hate to see this get to the point where Cruz is riding a bike while the rest of the team practices.
                                Me too

Comment

Working...
                                X