We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No, when Cruz is a UFA he can go anywhere he wants for whatever he's offered and the Giants get nothing in return. If they tender him in 2013 as a RFA, then they get a 1st round draft pick if that's the tender the Giants put on him. But that would require a team to make an offer and be willing to give up a 1st round pick. The Giants could match the offer if they wanted or just let him go and take the extra pick.
    If he was going to leave is rather let him go now and get a 1st rounder for him. Or at least try and do that if a team will part ways with a first rd pick

Comment

• There might be more to this than just Nicks and Cruz. There could be a possible future laid out for the direction this offense will go and they could feel that two huge threats on the outside (Nicks and Randle) would stretch out the field for any slot receiver like a Jernigan or a TE to take advantage of the middle. More emphasis on the top of the defense and outside the numbers should also open up the running game for the emerging Wilson too. Cruz is a great player that any team would love to have but we can't afford to put too much money into a handful of players.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
        It is not as clear cut as I may make it appear. You've seen enough of me to realize that hyperbole is one of my relatives. lol That said, I think that Nicks has the better hands and can handle the split reveiver role better than Cuz. Cruz drops too many balls but has an explosive quality about him. Nicks has been injured alot and still productive but is he injury prone? Nicks has been a top receiver for longer than Cruz and Cruz's production or at least those explosive polays dropped way off this year. Is he getting a little gun shy going over the middle. I guess that's a long way to say that when healthy, they are one of the top 3 tandems in the league and it would be a shame if the salary cap breaks them up.
        I'm not convinced either way to be precise. Nicks hasn't played a full season yet. He is a GREAT talent and his injuries in 2012 don't give us a real indication of his current value, although Reese will use that for leverage. Nicks doesn't have Cruz's versatility in being able to play on the outside or out of the slot. But, at least for 2013, we'll get to see them play together when they are both healthy. Beyond that, it's not looking very promising, but anything can happen.

This really is masterful negotiating on Reese's part.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Jppallday View Post
          If he was going to leave is rather let him go now and get a 1st rounder for him. Or at least try and do that if a team will part ways with a first rd pick
          The only way he leaves in 2013 is for the Giants to get a 1st round pick.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Dominant Split-Ends > Dominant slot guys

Always has been
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• cruz will get rfa offer

And i think it will come from belichick. 26-yr-old stud way more valuable, than the 28th or 29th pick. And if giants dont match, it will be teams single greatest blunder, EVER. forget dave brown, or jarrod bunch or any other. Giants teetering with destroying the best aspect of their team. And if someone says "next man up" ill puke.

Comment

• I love my Cruz to death but um..

Nicks > Cruz
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm just not totally convinced Nicks is the better receiver but I do believe that together they can be the best tandem in the NFL.
                  Nicks is the better receiver, I'm just concerned because he always gets banged up. The guy misses at least 2-4 games every year. Without Cruz, you can almost certainly chalk those games up as L's.

In the end, I just hope Reese does the right thing and gets them both locked up. The last thing I want to see is Cruz doing the salsa in another uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
                    And i think it will come from belichick. 26-yr-old stud way more valuable, than the 28th or 29th pick. And if giants dont match, it will be teams single greatest blunder, EVER. forget dave brown, or jarrod bunch or any other. Giants teetering with destroying the best aspect of their team. And if someone says "next man up" ill puke.
                    There are several teams who have a boat load of CAP space, the Patriots are one of them at just under $20M. But why not just re-sign Welker?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Dominant Split-Ends > Dominant slot guys

Always has been
                      I'm not a big believer in "always" and "never"

Comment

There are several teams who have a boat load of CAP space, the Patriots are one of them at just under $20M. But why not just re-sign Welker?
                        He's getting older, untimely drops, and he's not a Belichick favorite.

I still don't think we'd get any offers. Draft picks + lucrative contracts aren't so appealing.

Comment

I'm not a big believer in "always" and "never"
                          Provided all things equal....

of which they never are. Whatever Ro....

Comment

He's getting older, untimely drops, and he's not a Belichick favorite.

I still don't think we'd get any offers. Draft picks + lucrative contracts aren't so appealing.
                            I agree, Cruz should be here for 2013 and then he rides off into the sunset if it's via tender

Comment

I agree, Cruz should be here for 2013 and then he rides off into the sunset if it's via tender
                              I think we'll tender him, but still work on a longterm deal.

Plus, seeing as how the trend is with Giants ready to cash in, Cruz will probably tear an ACL or have a terrible knee injury. Weird stuff.

Comment

I think we'll tender him, but still work on a longterm deal.

Plus, seeing as how the trend is with Giants ready to cash in, Cruz will probably tear an ACL or have a terrible knee injury. Weird stuff.
                                pls stahp
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X