X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    pls stahp
    T2, Steve Smith, Kiwi come to mind.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      T2, Steve Smith, Kiwi come to mind.
      yer tearing me apart Lisa.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I think we'll tender him, but still work on a longterm deal.

Plus, seeing as how the trend is with Giants ready to cash in, Cruz will probably tear an ACL or have a terrible knee injury. Weird stuff.
        Let's not be asking for trouble lol

I agree they will work on a deal through 2013, but if Cruz has a lights out season, the leverage changes. Cruz accepts the tender, whcih he has to, and he should then just wait for UFA. The tender will make him underpaid for three season in a row.
        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I think it just the Giants trying to lock up Nicks at a bargain price. He's coming off an injury prone year his value is a lot lower then lets say he has a pro bowl year next year where you may have to break the bank. This way you can get him locked up for 4 to 5 years at 1/4 of the price. Rather then Cruz who is coming off a pristine year who would be valued higher and require more money upfront. Also if a team wants to tender Cruz we would get a first rounder out of it. Its just the Giants being business like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
            I think it just the Giants trying to lock up Nicks at a bargain price. He's coming off an injury prone year his value is a lot lower then lets say he has a pro bowl year next year where you may have to break the bank. This way you can get him locked up for 4 to 5 years at 1/4 of the price. Rather then Cruz who is coming off a pristine year who would be valued higher and require more money upfront. Also if a team wants to tender Cruz we would get a first rounder out of it. Its just the Giants being business like.
            "Business like", I like that.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Let's not be asking for trouble lol

I agree they will work on a deal through 2013, but if Cruz has a lights out season, the leverage changes. Cruz accepts the tender, whcih he has to, and he should then just wait for UFA. The the tender will make him underpaid for three season in a row.
              True. If Cruz puts up another 1300 yard season, multiple touchdowns, and the Giants have a lot of success because of it, we should give him 10-12 million per year.That's market value for a dominant receiver.

If Nicks tears it up too, then we've got a tough decision to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
                I think it just the Giants trying to lock up Nicks at a bargain price. He's coming off an injury prone year his value is a lot lower then lets say he has a pro bowl year next year where you may have to break the bank. This way you can get him locked up for 4 to 5 years at 1/4 of the price. Rather then Cruz who is coming off a pristine year who would be valued higher and require more money upfront. Also if a team wants to tender Cruz we would get a first rounder out of it. Its just the Giants being business like.
                We should lock Nicks up, and the sooner the better. Preferably a contract that wouldn't cripple us in the event that we have to cut him.

Comment

True. If Cruz puts up another 1300 yard season, multiple touchdowns, and the Giants have a lot of success because of it, we should give him 10-12 million per year.That's market value for a dominant receiver.

If Nicks tears it up too, then we've got a tough decision to make.
                  We have to look at what MM's play along with Nicks. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                    We have to look at what MM's play along with Nicks. .

Comment

• Glad to hear this. Nicks is a beast and only 25. lock him up. 5 yrs 30 mil?

Comment

• not sure I agree,,,no doubt when nicks is healthy he is unstoppable,,the problem is he has demonstrated that he is not able to stay healthy year after year and it killed the O this year. at what point do his injuries become a major problem? no doubt I want him back,,but priority over cruz? not sure about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                          and it killed the O this year.
                          Agreed, Nicks absence killed the offense this year.

Now why should we pay a guy 12 million dollars (as an example figure) who can't rejuvenate the offense when Nicks isn't in the line-up?

Comment

Agreed, Nicks absence killed the offense this year.

Now why should we pay a guy 12 million dollars (as an example figure) who can't rejuvenate the offense when Nicks isn't in the line-up?
                            kinda hard to rejuvenate when he was constantly doubled due to the lack of nicks and another quality receiver. what will nicks do with out cruz? probably the same results cruz had this year. so we are damned if we do damned if we dont.

Comment

• between Cruz & Nicks.. I'll take Cruz, Nicks cant stay on the field and always seem to be banged up..

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                                between Cruz & Nicks.. I'll take Cruz, Nicks cant stay on the field and always seem to be banged up..
                                carter I agree but this stinks, I dont want to lose either,,,,its like the line from the married with children theme song,,,you can't have one with out the other..I wonder what Cruz must be thinking,,slap in the face or does he maintain his mellow style?

Comment

Working...
                                X