No announcement yet.

We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the injury thing with Nicks is a bit of an issue. He has yet to play a complete season since being drafted. When he is on the field he has the ability to change the game more so than Cruz. That's the problem though. It's almost a guarantee he will miss some time. When will that be? What if its at the end of the season or the playoffs? It's a tough call, but maybe they feel that JJ can be their next Cruz? They seem to be pretty happy they drafted Randle too.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      I think we'll tender him, but still work on a longterm deal.

Plus, seeing as how the trend is with Giants ready to cash in, Cruz will probably tear an ACL or have a terrible knee injury. Weird stuff.
      isnt there a cutoff date to when both sides cannot discuss long term contracts? fromwhat i understood with the wallace situation, a specifc date signaled a mandatory cease negotiations and iirc it last until the next offseason...so...theoretically the giants could screw cruz out of his next 3-4 yrs

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        True. If Cruz puts up another 1300 yard season, multiple touchdowns, and the Giants have a lot of success because of it, we should give him 10-12 million per year.That's market value for a dominant receiver.

If Nicks tears it up too, then we've got a tough decision to make.
        If Cruz does that, the Giants won't be able to afford him in 2014 but other teams will be lining up. If they are really making Nicks a priority this season, and he signs an extension, he's out of the financial equation for 2014. That also has the practical effect of showing Cruz the door.

It's a complicated process in the best of times, but the shelf life of NFL players is relatively short. If Cruz is tendered, he's losing at least $5M this season alone. He played for $540K in 2012 and he's now worth more than the proposed tender offer even if you hate him (not saying you hate him).

So if Nicks signs now, he'll be getting what? $7M a season, give or take? We are still going to be in CAP hell in 2014 so where does Cruz go for a lucrative contract, assuming he has a good season?
        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-03-2013, 04:13 PM.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• As they should. Nicks was drafted to be the franchise receiver; Cruz has been a luxury. It would be nice to keep both, though. Obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            isnt there a cutoff date to when both sides cannot discuss long term contracts? fromwhat i understood with the wallace situation, a specifc date signaled a mandatory cease negotiations and iirc it last until the next offseason...so...theoretically the giants could screw cruz out of his next 3-4 yrs
            How can they screw him out of his next 3-4 years?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
              between Cruz & Nicks.. I'll take Cruz, Nicks cant stay on the field and always seem to be banged up..
              He was banged up for one season, and now hes injury prone........wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                He's never played a full season, but "injury prone" is still a stretch

Comment

This was the worst he has ever been banged up but he has missed games in every season he has played in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    Not really. It's a fact he has not played a complete season yet. That is injury prone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      This was the worst he has ever been banged p but he has missed games in every season he has played in.
                      Yeah, outside of this past season he has played an average of what, 14 games a season? Not exactly injury prone.

Comment

Right, but hes missed what an average of 2 games per season outside of 2012? People are treating him as if he's Kenny Phillips here.

Comment

Not really. It's a fact he has not played a complete season yet. That is injury prone.
                          Not to me, he missed 9 games in four seasons

Here are his career stats:

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
                          2012 New York Giants 13 53 692 13.1 53.2 50 3 12 2 35 0
                          2011 New York Giants 15 76 1,192 15.7 79.5 68 7 17 5 54 0
                          2010 New York Giants 13 79 1,052 13.3 80.9 46T 11 20 1 55 1
                          2009 New York Giants 14 47 790 16.8 56.4 68T 6 13 5 32 2
                          TOTAL 55 255 3,726 14.6 67.7 68 27 62 13 176 3
                          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

There are plenty of players in the NFL that do not play in every game every season, football tends to put a lot of stress on the body. If you think that constitutes being injury prone, then I don't know what to say to you, then again you typically like to argue everything so I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Comment

Not to me, he missed one game in two of those seasons I believe
                              Before tis year he did heal quickly from injuries, but he did miss time in every season so far and was injured before the combine too. Just saying.

Comment

There are plenty of players in the NFL that do not play in every game every season, football tends to put a lot of stress on the body. If you think that constitutes being injury prone, then I don't know what to say to you, then again you typically like to argue everything so I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
                                There are also guys hat don't miss at least one game every year and they re not injury prone.

Comment

Working...
                                X