We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    I meant when a player's cost exceeds his value. i.e. if he's over paid. So in this if we re-sign Cruz to say 12 million, (i know an exaggeration), he's not worht keeping.
    Cruz hasn't been paid his worth since he came off IR. Reese won't overpay him so there's nothing to worry about that.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Giants don't expect to keep both.
      If you added "at prevailing rates based on their talents", I'd agree
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think the Giants original plan has been all along to keep both of them but not paying Cruz like a no.1 WR, thats all.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Even Morehead is worth more than $2+MM.

The Giants are in a great position here. They will tender Cruz. If someone wants to give him a huge contract, we will get a first round pick. (that probably won't happen). So we will have great leverage at that point because he's probably not going to be happy making several million less than he would if he signed a long term deal.
          That's true, he will be underpaid yet again, under the rules. So in 2014 when he's an UFA he will be looking to go where he's financially appreciated and that will not likely be here. All he can do is play his heart out in 2013 and reap the rewards elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
            Might do better than Cruz. He didn't do good in none of the 3 games the Giants need him most where they lost. Cruz is not that good and the other players helped him out. He has to pay those players so his ten to 15 mil has to be spend on his teammates.
            I don't get how any receiver can put 1,000+ yard seasons back to back and be "not that good."

Comment

Agree. Hope they do, but money talks.

Comment

• The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.

Comment

• Our future slot receiver ladies and gentlemen. He's such a class act and there will be no problems with him in the Big Apple.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                    The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.
                    While I agree with you - Nicks is only listed at 6'-1". One inch taller than Cruz. He does play like a big receiver though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                      While I agree with you - Nicks is only listed at 6'-1". One inch taller than Cruz. He does play like a big receiver though.
                      Yeah...I was wondering what he meant by "big receiver".
                      I mean Nicks isn't small but he's hardly considered a big target.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Our future slot receiver ladies and gentlemen. He's such a class act and there will be no problems with him in the Big Apple.
                        there's a better chance of us aquiring Calvin Johnson in a trade for only a 5th round pick. Titus Young is a bum

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                          there's a better chance of us aquiring Calvin Johnson in a trade for only a 5th round pick. Titus Young is a bum
                          So you're sayin' there's a chance...
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

So you're sayin' there's a chance...
                            Nicely played..love the dumb & dumber reference. One of my fav movies

Comment

Yeah...I was wondering what he meant by "big receiver".
                              I mean Nicks isn't small but he's hardly considered a big target.
                              You have big receivers that play small (see the 2013 "GOAT" Randy Moss) and medium receivers who play big--see Nicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                                The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.
                                I understand your point, but Nicks hasn't played a full season yet. That's not to say it can't happen, but it's not yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X