We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
    You have big receivers that play small (see the 2013 "GOAT" Randy Moss) and medium receivers who play big--see Nicks.
    Do you have small receivers who play medium? How about medium receivers who play really, really small? ( I mean Mack Herron small)
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Do you have small receivers who play medium? How about medium receivers who play really, really small? ( I mean Mack Herron small)
      I'm still checking into you being worth more than $2+M I'll get back to you.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        I'm still checking into you being worth more than $2+M I'll get back to you.
        Oh...I'm worth it baby!

Comment

Oh...I'm worth it baby!
          Those closest to you just laugh when I ask
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Massive contract? Where do you read that?
            C'mon man, who puts the giants out to dry like that? That is a classless prima donna move. sure he plays well. but no man is above the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
              C'mon man, who puts the giants out to dry like that? That is a classless prima donna move. sure he plays well. but no man is above the team.
              What are you talking about?

Comment

Yeah...I was wondering what he meant by "big receiver".
                I mean Nicks isn't small but he's hardly considered a big target.
                Not big but very strong and with a freakish wing span not to mention the size of his hands. The whole package makes him a dangerous treat and a true No. 1 NFL Wr.

About his wing span,

Nick's "freakish" wingspan compared to top NFL receivers
                BSIMatt : 4/29/2009 4:29 pm
                The article basically goes on and compares Michael Crabtrees wingspan to some big name NFL receivers like Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marchall, Vincent Jackson, etc, to point out that despite his height, he actually has a longer wingspan than every WR mentioned.

Went back and looked at Nicks wingspan, and he in fact, at 33.5 would put him ahead of those very same receivers and only behind Crabtree.

Nicks is a gamer and will be taken care of sooner rather than later by the Giants.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

What are you talking about?
                  Here we have RF demonstrating the patience of Job.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    Here we have RF demonstrating the patience of Job.
                    Some of the responses are just Alzheimer like in terms of my ability to comprehend

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                      Not big but very strong and with a freakish wing span not to mention the size of his hands. The whole package makes him a dangerous treat and a true No. 1 NFL Wr.

About his wing span,

Nick's "freakish" wingspan compared to top NFL receivers
                      BSIMatt : 4/29/2009 4:29 pm
                      The article basically goes on and compares Michael Crabtrees wingspan to some big name NFL receivers like Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marchall, Vincent Jackson, etc, to point out that despite his height, he actually has a longer wingspan than every WR mentioned.

Went back and looked at Nicks wingspan, and he in fact, at 33.5 would put him ahead of those very same receivers and only behind Crabtree.

Nicks is a gamer and will be taken care of sooner rather than later by the Giants.
                      You are wasting your time selling Hakeem Nicks to me. I already think he's great. The poster who mentioned him as a "big receiver" suggested more than that he "plays big". He simply suggested that he "is" big.
                      As I said, he's not small at all, but he's not especially big either. Its really no big deal.

Comment

You are wasting your time selling Hakeem Nicks to me. I already think he's great. The poster who mentioned him as a "big receiver" suggested more than that he "plays big". He simply suggested that he "is" big.
                        As I said, he's not small at all, but he's not especially big either. Its really no big deal.
                        It's ironic how Cruz plays " big " too as the Y or Z wr. Jokes aside there's no question how important is Nicks as the X wr. on the team. The Giants are fortunate they replaced Plaxico in a heart beat with Hakeem and surely enough they intend to keep him for a long time.
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Giants have leverage on both receivers. Cruz is an RFA and Nicks is coming off a bad season filled with injuries. Giants understand this and will hope to lock them both up this off season. Nicks is bigger and can stretch the field more. Cruz relies on Nicks dominance for his production, perfect example of this is his disappearance in the final few games when we needed him most. Teams saw Nicks was hurt and wouldn't be a factor, so they doubled down on Cruz and he didn't see production.

I'll take Nicks over Cruz any day of the week, but obviously I hope they can keep both. Giants have the leverage and I think they will lock them both up. Worst comes to worst we get a first round pick for Cruz haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
                            Giants have leverage on both receivers. Cruz is an RFA and Nicks is coming off a bad season filled with injuries. Giants understand this and will hope to lock them both up this off season. Nicks is bigger and can stretch the field more. Cruz relies on Nicks dominance for his production, perfect example of this is his disappearance in the final few games when we needed him most. Teams saw Nicks was hurt and wouldn't be a factor, so they doubled down on Cruz and he didn't see production.

I'll take Nicks over Cruz any day of the week, but obviously I hope they can keep both. Giants have the leverage and I think they will lock them both up. Worst comes to worst we get a first round pick for Cruz haha.
                            Also it was no coincidence that Cruz' best game was when he had 175 yards in Tampa, on the same day Nicks beasted for 199 and basically took over the game.

Don't get me wrong Cruz still had a decent year without a healthy Nicks, but he is much more of a threat when Nicks is 100%. But, I guess that can be said about any WR tandem. When both are 100%, they are much more dangerous.

Comment

• Is Cruz being a TEAM player?

I know I know , it's a business he wants his money and he deserves money

But asking for Fitzgerald money? I believe he is one notch under that... Give me another 1,000 yard season or simply he could just of had less drops this season and I would not have cared.... I am not bashing Cruz at all... He is one of my favorites along with Eli, Nicks, Bradshaw and KP..... But asking for an arm and a leg can hurt his team (Boley, Nicks and KP) I know he has to think of himself... But he shouldnt forget why he is in the situation hes in.. is because the Giants are the only team that gave him a chance and he has a ring ...All that being said I hope he stays , even if it does cost an arm and a leg ...hes worth it.... But Nicks is just as important...

GO GIANTS AND CRUZ!!!
                              Last edited by KillaRich; 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• ? Can someone sum up the 65 pages? Is this a Nicks vs. Cruz thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X