Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
    I know I know , it's a business he wants his money and he deserves money

But asking for Fitzgerald money? I believe he is one notch under that... Give me another 1,000 yard season or simply he could just of had less drops this season and I would not have cared.... I am not bashing Cruz at all... He is one of my favorites along with Eli, Nicks, Bradshaw and KP..... But asking for an arm and a leg can hurt his team (Boley, Nicks and KP) I know he has to think of himself... But he shouldnt forget why he is in the situation hes in.. is because the Giants are the only team that gave him a chance and he has a ring ...All that being said I hope he stays , even if it does cost an arm and a leg ...hes worth it.... But Nicks is just as important...

GO GIANTS AND CRUZ!

First, we don't know what he's asking for other than John Mara said "too much." So let's go with he's asking for too much, hardly a surprise. Second, this "we were the only team" is not accurate. We found him in the weeds and gave him a shot. After his first pre-season, teams were licking their chops hoping the Giants would release him, which they almost did except for someone in the FO nixing any release.

Then we had "hamstringgate" where Cruz was coming back from a minor hamstring injury and Tynes hurt his ankle. Rather than subject Cruz to waivers (which he would have not cleared), they lied and placed him on IR. That didn't pass the smell test so the N FL made the team hire an independent medical professional to certify Cruz needed to be on season ending IR. They got away with it.

The Giants obviously gave him a chance, but they weren't wearing his pads and cleats when he took the NFL by storm. The team has benefited far more by having Cruz than Cruz has (contractually speaking) from being on the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      ? Can someone sum up the 65 pages? Is this a Nicks vs. Cruz thing?
      They've become intertwined
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Where has it been stated that he's asking for Fitz money?

Comment

• He didn't even say what he wants, where did he say he wants Fitzgerald money?
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I think Cruz is still waiting for the Giants to make him an offer. He is a team player just for playing just as hard and not complaining about his low salary for 2012.

Comment

• the price is the price.

was the FO being team players when they cut boley? players have to be paid when they have a chance. look at TT. he'll never get a big contract. he signed a one year deal to prove he could come back from his 2nd knee injury only to get a 3rd.

to think that cruz couldn't get $10 mill/yr from another team is not understanding his market value in a league where some teams can't find a receiver to save their lives.

i don't blame cruz one bit for trying to get paid. he's either worth it for us or he's not.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                the price is the price.

was the FO being team players when they cut boley? players have to be paid when they have a chance. look at TT. he'll never get a big contract. he signed a one year deal to prove he could come back from his 2nd knee injury only to get a 3rd.

to think that cruz couldn't get $10 mill/yr from another team is not understanding his market value in a league where some teams can't find a receiver to save their lives.

i don't blame cruz one bit for trying to get paid. he's either worth it for us or he's not.

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2.

Call me old school but for me it all starts with the lines. Give Eli time to throw and he will make anyone look like an all-pro. Look at what he did in the pro bowl with just that extra second to throw. Look at what he can do with BARDEN THE TERRIBLE in carolina.
                  You can do the next best thing in round 2. Draft C/G Travis Frederick and plug him in at LG, next year if Baas goes or gets cut move him to the Center spot. He is a mean SOB, a true mauler.
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                    the price is the price.

Cruz should make as much as possible. He needs to factor in how much playing in the NYC market helps his after football life. That's up to him to figure out.

We on the other hand have to run a football team and spread the allowable salary cap money in a way that gives us the best chance to get back to the Super Bowl.

Sometimes these priorities work nicely together and sometimes they don't. When that happens, the player winds up elsewhere. It's just business and I care more about winning championships than I do for signing Cruz. I want him here but in the end it may not be possible.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Cruz isn't worth $10Million a year. I think in terms of marketability Cruz should look to stay a Giant. I just don't see a deal being done with our cap space at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevRDK View Post
                        Cruz isn't worth $10Million a year. I think in terms of marketability Cruz should look to stay a Giant. I just don't see a deal being done with our cap space at the moment.
                        We don't decide what Cruz is worth. The market decides what he is worth. All we decide is what we are willing to pay for his skills.

Welcome to the boards!
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• The trick is the Giants want Nicks AND Cruz.....Nicks had a terrible year of injuries, etc......they will extend him first...then they will move to Cruz......this is the Giants...they WILL NOT pay him $10M per year....but he will sign...get a big bonus, which he truly deserves....and the Giants will hone in on offensive line and linebackers.......there will be a lot of longtime Giants let go on defense......they have to

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            +1
                            +2

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              Cruz should make as much as possible. He needs to factor in how much playing in the NYC market helps his after football life. That's up to him to figure out.

We on the other hand have to run a football team and spread the allowable salary cap money in a way that gives us the best chance to get back to the Super Bowl.

Sometimes these priorities work nicely together and sometimes they don't. When that happens, the player winds up elsewhere. It's just business and I care more about winning championships than I do for signing Cruz. I want him here but in the end it may not be possible.
                              It will depend on how much CAP they can salvage now and project over the next 4 - 5 years. Cutting Boley was a signal they are willing to release veterans. If they do that enough, they may be able to take care of Nicks and Cruz, with Cruz having a more back loaded contract than might otherwise be the case. While not ideal from a player's point of view, it can be made to work with a decent guarantee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                He didn't even say what he wants, where did he say he wants Fitzgerald money?
                                We're still grasping at straws. What we do know is John Mara said it was "too much, right now." We all assumed "right now" was a reference to the Cruz camp coming down in their expectations, whcih is still probably the case. But it could also mean the team doesn't yet have the CAP space, which they are now working on. Cutting Boley would almost bring them to even I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X