X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think a team would give up a first for back to back 1000 yard guy . u bet

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      i think a team would give up a first for back to back 1000 yard guy . u bet
      U have to be willing to give up a first and 10mil a year. Most teams wouldn't be willing to spend that much on a slot guy.

Comment

• If he left they would have Nicks, JJ, and Randle. If he stayed and they lost Nicks it would be Cruz, JJ, and Randle. It looks like the first combination might be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          i think a team would give up a first for back to back 1000 yard guy . u bet
          It'd be a first AND a contract for a 26 year old. It's very possible that some one will, but if the Wallace situation last season is any indication, there may be less interest than we may think there will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            If he left they would have Nicks, JJ, and Randle. If he stayed and they lost Nicks it would be Cruz, JJ, and Randle. It looks like the first combination might be better.
            The first combo is def better because Cruz and JJ are both slot guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
              The first combo is def better because Cruz and JJ are both slot guys.
              Right, so maybe that's why they are making Nicks their first priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                Right, so maybe that's why they are making Nicks their first priority.
                And with Nicks being banged up perhaps its cheaper to sign him now than after next year if he has a huge season.

Comment

• Yup. If they stay healthy, keep Bennett, get a RT, sign Beatty, and have Eli play better his year they could be very good. Throw some speedy RB's in there, still miss Bradshaw, and this team could be unstoppable on offense.

Comment

• Someone might give up the first if they are closer to the back end of the first round, and feel that the addition of Cruz could put them over the top. An example: St. Louis Rams. Even though they just picked up Titus Young, adding a guy like Cruz with the second of their two first rounders would not be a terrible move. All of a sudden the WR corps would become a strength on that team with viable weapons for Bradford. Not saying it'll happen, just that it could.

The situation with Wallace is a very similar situation. An organization that doesn't overspend on free agents, an underpaid top ten receiver... Last year's free agent market for WRs was substantially stronger though. If a team has multiple needs AND multiple picks in the early rounds, it wouldn't be the worst move ever. The only other consideration in my book is whether or not a team feels they have a QB who can get him the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Either way, Nicks is more important to our team than Cruz. Don't get me wrong, I really like Cruz and it will definitely suck if he left.
                      a "healthy" nicks is more important to this team,,nicks this past season will not do next season if cruz leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                        a "healthy" nicks is more important to this team,,nicks this past season will not do next season if cruz leaves.
                        And what makes you think that Nicks will have the litany of issues he had this year next?

Comment

• Lol someone start a "Giants poems" thread.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I want to keep either Cruz or Nicks, but not both because it'll be too much money wrapped up at WR. Nicks is the better receiver, but gets injured to easily.

I'd love to keep both, but not with a cap because money needs to be spent elsewhere as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              Lol someone start a "Giants poems" thread.
                              oh judging by the first page i thought this was a cruz poem thread. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
                                what we need to remember is no one is above the team and no reason to financially jeopardize our team down the road.

I wish we could adopt the Patriots formula for financial success albeit I can't stand them, they are a smart team who keeps good players but doesn't bankrupt the bank
                                Cause they know football is a team sport and the players help each other out. In football, the more good or decent receivers you have on the field at the same time will help each other out by all of them or most of them being big threats. We know the Pats formula for offense is to score a lot of points. That is what they try to do when they play.

Giants should have been in the playoffs even with the talent they had. I believe something was not right with the Giants when they beat the 49ers, Packers and Saints then start bad performance in other games. Giants are somewhat like the Pats in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X