We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    ...I already mentioned that earlier in the thread. My point is that Cruz's agent probably feels that he has the best WR in the FA class and even with the risk of the 1st round tender, it's worth testing the waters to see if a desperate team will roll the dice and overpay for his player. A tender doesn't mean that you still can't compare it to other players in the class.
    And if no team is willing to give up both a first round pick and a $10+ a year contract that does what for Cruz?

Just like Wallace last year. Nobody gave him any sort of offers

Comment

I still believe the Giants will have a deal ready for Victor Cruz before FA starts.
      New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        And if no team is willing to give up both a first round pick and a $10+ a year contract that does what for Cruz?

Cruz obviously signs the tender. Agents always overrate the expectations for their player and I don't see how this time will be any different. He's not getting Megatron/Fitz money but you can be sure he will do better than Antonio Brown.

Comment

Cruz obviously signs the tender. Agents always overrate the expectations for their player and I don't see how this time will be any different. He's not getting Megatron/Fitz money but you can be sure he will do better than Antonio Brown.
          I don't follow at all what you are saying. Yes Cruz would have to sign the giants tender offer...

Comment

I don't follow at all what you are saying. Yes Cruz would have to sign the giants tender offer...
            Cruz's agent will test his player out in the market to see what they can fetch. They will be disappointed and sign the tender. Simple as that.

Comment

Cruz's agent will test his player out in the market to see what they can fetch. They will be disappointed and sign the tender. Simple as that.
              Cruz has to sign the tender in order to test out the market. He can't test out the market otherwise.

Comment

So you expect cruz will sign for half the money Antonio brown did??
                No. Again..the total amount means nothing. He will sign for more guaranteed money and fewer years. Brown got an $8.5MM bonus and Cruz will get more. He's a better player. I say Cruz gets at least $12MM guaranteed and less of a back loaded deal.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

His own free agents. See Gibril Wilson, Manningham, Butler, Ward, etc.
                  None of those players had the impact on the team Cruz has had,.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Exactly. We have all of the negotiating power going into next season. That's why now is the best time to get a long term deal done that is at least somewhat "team-friendly".

Comment

Cruz has to sign the tender in order to test out the market. He can't test out the market otherwise.
                      Are you sure that's how it works? I could have sworn he was free to test out other offers for a limited period of time before he was forced to actually sign the team's first round tender.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Exactly. We have all of the negotiating power going into next season. That's why now is the best time to get a long term deal done that is at least somewhat "team-friendly".
                        Then lets allow the process to play out before we start making statements like "Cruz is asking for $15MM" and "the Giants have made a fair proposal".

None of us know at all what's happened or is happening.
                        The process will work it out. I doubt anyone is a villain or a hero. Its simple market forces at work.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          What does team friendly mean?
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            No. Again..the total amount means nothing. He will sign for more guaranteed money and fewer years. Brown got an $8.5MM bonus and Cruz will get more. He's a better player. I say Cruz gets at least $12MM guaranteed and less of a back loaded deal.

I already explained this to you. Saying "total money means nothing" is the equivalent of telling a sales person that his base salary is all that matters and commission means nothing.

Players absolutely make substantial money above what they are guaranteed.

Since you ignored my Eli example. Lets try with another player. Boley.

Boley has 1 year left and may be released before he is paid his 4.5 base salary.

Means he has only made the $11 mil he was guaranteed, right? Turns out he has made $20 million. Short of his $25 million total potential, but if you want to tell me that $9 million he has made over his guaranteed money is meaningless, well. You are wrong

Comment

Are you sure that's how it works? I could have sworn he was free to test out other offers for a limited period of time before he was forced to actually sign the team's first round tender.
                              Maybe. Either way. He is never really a free agent. Giants always get to match any offer that Cruz signs. And if they chose not to match they get a first round pick in compensation.

Comment

Maybe. Either way. He is never really a free agent. Giants always get to match any offer that Cruz signs. And if they chose not to match they get a first round pick in compensation.
                                You've said before you'd rather that scenario but I always prefer the known performer to the "who will we get" unknown.

Comment

Working...
                                X