Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/31/...ontract-talks/

    Excerpt: "One of the New York Giants' top priorities this offseason is to come to a contractual agreement with wide receiver Victor Cruz, who is slated to become a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) in March. And although the two sides have periodically attempted to work on finalizing a new deal, they are no closer now than they were during the season when negotiations were initially tabled.

    While appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday morning, Cruz revealed that there has been no progress, and that he and his agent are patiently waiting for the Giants to return with a counter-offer.


    "We're just waiting for them to come back to us," Cruz said. “I’m not getting antsy at all … I know they have to come around at some point.” Read more...


    Cruz wants big raise - Mara says no $$$$$ any time soon
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-...1RgxMAzvzQtDMD

    Since the cap is tighter than a nun's privates , we are in trouble.

    Cruz also not ruling out a hold out wants 10mil per.

    (i think he earned a big contract playing for below 400k for 2 seasons. )





    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

    Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

    Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

      Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

      Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.
      Massive contract? Where do you read that?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

        Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

        Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.
        You know this how..........
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just don't lose Beatty... that's all I ask for.

          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            I admittedly don't know a lot about the inner workings of professional football. I do know about contract negotiations. This is how it usually works. One side presents a proposal, the other side laughs out loud and says we can't give you the moon. The original proposer says well then we want the sun and the stars, and the other side say we'll consider the sun and half of the stars....... Each side knows going in the line they will not cross. When that point is reached by either side, sabres rattle.

            It's a process, it takes time, they have time.
            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-31-2013, 12:48 PM.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Giants better get to damn work. Cruz is the real deal. I said that last year and everyone was all like "It was just one year though." Well, now its 2 years in a row. He is our best WR because Nicks CAN NOT STAY HEALTHY! Id rather use Randle to replace Nicks. Cruz's are hard to find. Dude is humble, and well spoken, and a hell of a WR. This would be like losing Steve Smith all over again. There goes Eli's security blanket.
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Just don't lose Beatty... that's all I ask for.
                You're easy
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  You're easy
                  You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2.

                  Call me old school but for me it all starts with the lines. Give Eli time to throw and he will make anyone look like an all-pro. Look at what he did in the pro bowl with just that extra second to throw. Look at what he can do with BARDEN THE TERRIBLE in carolina.
                  Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM.

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2...
                    I know Baas is not well loved, but I don't think he's as big a problem as we think. I am with you +10 on a RT at #1 or 2 and even a RG later in the draft. I see the OLine as a unit more than any other group of players on the team. When you have a weak ling (Diehl) it adversely affects the rest of the line on that side of the ball. So Lane Johnson would be a great pick up for us.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      I know Baas is not well loved, but I don't think he's as big a problem as we think. I am with you +10 on a RT at #1 or 2 and even a RG later in the draft. I see the OLine as a unit more than any other group of players on the team. When you have a weak ling (Diehl) it adversely affects the rest of the line on that side of the ball. So Lane Johnson would be a great pick up for us.
                      To be honest, while LT is a very important position in its own right, from what I've heard nowadays, the most important position on the line is actually the C. Not for physical athletic ability (that is still the tackles that need the most beef), but for intelligence. A good Center can coordinate well with his QB to call out protection schemes and identify blitzers, tweak blocking schemes on runs based on what the defense presents, etc.

                      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        You know this how..........
                        Because if he put a reasonable contract on the table the giants would have kept talking. They wouldn't have agreed to disagree unless they are very far apart numbers wise.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          To be honest, while LT is a very important position in its own right, from what I've heard nowadays, the most important position on the line is actually the C. Not for physical athletic ability (that is still the tackles that need the most beef), but for intelligence. A good Center can coordinate well with his QB to call out protection schemes and identify blitzers, tweak blocking schemes on runs based on what the defense presents, etc.
                          I think that's true and I also think Baas has been improving in making calls before the snap. Unless he's pointing at the direction he wants Eli to throw?
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2.

                            Call me old school but for me it all starts with the lines. Give Eli time to throw and he will make anyone look like an all-pro. Look at what he did in the pro bowl with just that extra second to throw. Look at what he can do with BARDEN THE TERRIBLE in carolina.
                            +1 X 25
                            Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I agree with Slip...it's obvious he's asking for a big contract otherwise the two sides would still be talking. They have to be far off for talks to completely stop

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X