Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I am only saying that I would be surprised if many voters held it against him....because the play WAS bogus. It may or may not been of his doing, but that's secondary in the view of some.
    My personal belief is Strahan did not know Favre was going to do that. Strahan went full force and you can see his face behind the facemask looking pretty surprised Favre was right there sliding down right in front of him.

    Favre gave it to Strahan without Strahan knowing about it.
    And I also never said Strahan wasnt a gret DE...all his other sacks are legit.
    sigpic
    BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
      I disagree. If you account for how Strahan played the run, Stray was more dominant during his prime. Strahan was the second best defensive end I've seen ever next to Reggie White, and arguably the best versus the run. Sapp got his chance at DE with the Raiders and couldn't do squat against the more athletic tackles.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

      http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

      Comment


      • #93
        It's all good. Strahan's post-NFL career is so successful, it takes the blunt of this snub. The guy is all over TV, I have never seen anyone more successful transcending I even saw him on MTV hosting. Sapp, otoh, had to deal with bankruptcy. Hopefully, Strahan will make it next year.

        Comment


        • #94
          tthe Fravre sack was ONE sack. Strahan gets to the HOF with or without it....

          it really doesnt matter
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            tthe Fravre sack was ONE sack. Strahan gets to the HOF with or without it....

            it really doesnt matter
            I guarantee that it does to some voters.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I guarantee that it does to some voters.
              I also think it affected some voters. I also wouldn't be surprised if the NFL actually mentioned to Farve how much they would love to have Gasteneu out of the record books. But that just may be the conspiritor in me.
              #80

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                sapp shouldnt make it at all imo. over rated.
                +1... Ah the heck with it. +1,000,000. Lol
                2017 Mock Draft

                1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

                Comment


                • #98
                  I do think Sapp is a Hall of Famer but not a first ballot guy. Here are the negatives on his career he was not the best player on that defense, his peak was short and he was done by 2007, and he was a dirty player. If I was a voter those would all be my negatives on the guy. Compare that to Strahan who was the best player on his team, who was able to be an effective player his entire career, and who didn't have a Lynch or Derrick Brooks for most of his career.

                  Sapp can't even accept getting to the Hall with class he needed to take a shot at Strahan.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    I guarantee that it does to some voters.
                    And yet Sapp gets in? One of the dirtiest players ever? How does that not affect the voters? Sapp had a huge relationship with Favre. If these voters are so paranoid then why aren't they thinking about the possibility of Favre letting sapp get sacks since they're so paranoid about Strahan.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
                      I think that they're basically both great players, but I'll give the nod to Sapp because he was getting to the QB as a DT. Don't know why he's going after Strahan, though. Sounds like a jerk.

                      Comment


                      • There are two Sapps. There is the great player Sapp and their is the Sapp that likes to put his foot in his mouth. Appreciate the one but hate the other. Remember during Bounty Gate when he out of nowhere accused Shockey of being the one who ratted his teammates out and eventually had to recant. Also, I believe he has received disciplinary action at NFLN in the past for his half ****ed rants.

                        It's an LT type thing. Great player, confused human being.


                        And, phantom sack or whatever you want to call it you have to take it for what it was...still a sack that added to Strahan's total. He still holds the record.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          We can argue as the whether or not it was staged. (I personally think it obviously was) but it really doesn't matter. The PERCEPTION was that it was staged by the media and I'm sure that it worked against Strahan in the HOF voting this year.
                          If you ask me, writers make up an awful lot of arbitrary rules for induction on their own that should have nothing to do with the selection process!
                          If what you believe their perception of Strahan's record to be is true, then Strahan may never be voted in. He's retired, so he's not gonna be any better or more deserving next year, or the next TEN years if they truly think his record setting sack was pre planned.
                          And there in lies the problem with this theory. They can't prove that the sack was staged, or fixed or whatever.....so how can they keep him out for something they have no solid proof of?
                          They're not allowed to cast aspersions on someone and keep them out of the HOF without proof of wrong doing.
                          They're like pukey little hall monitors in grammar school who have some power for 45 minutes of their pathetic little lives, and let it go straight to their pointy heads.
                          Last edited by bigblue58; 02-09-2013, 11:22 AM.
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                          John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                          Comment


                          • Alas there will clearly be a food shortage in Canton now that Sapp is there.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              If you ask me, writers make up an awful lot of arbitrary rules for induction on their own that should have nothing to do with the selection process!
                              If what you believe their perception of Strahan's record to be is true, then Strahan may never be voted in. He's retired, so he's not gonna be any better or more deserving next year, or the next TEN years if they truly think his record setting sack was pre planned.
                              And there in lies the problem with this theory. They can't prove that the sack was staged, or fixed or whatever.....so how can they keep him out for something they have no solid proof of?
                              They're not allowed to cast aspersions on someone and keep them out of the HOF without proof of wrong doing.
                              They're like pukey little hall monitors in grammar school who have some power for 45 minutes of their pathetic little lives, and let it go straight to their pointy heads.
                              No one thinks it was set up, the issue is when itis brought up during "deliberation" that he has this particular record someone can always say "yeah, but that last sack was a falldown by the walking retired." it will be less of a factor when he comes up next year.
                              #80

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
                                I agree with you. He was, in his prime, a more dominant player.

                                But, his prime was very short. I cannot discount the 2nd half of his career where he was not at all a dominant force and was actually a liability. Strahan was more consistently dominant throughout his career.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X