Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2KAi4cfRZ

At least Michael Strahan didn’t sell his SuperBowl Ring like Warren “fathead” Sapp did.

Comment

sapp shouldnt make it at all imo. over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
        +1

Comment

Wow he gets in and still can't be content. Strahan is still the more successful person even without the Hall of Fame...he has Kelly Rippa!

Comment

just shows who has inferiority problems...Stray will get in, no doubt.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

“Say if I rewind this to Saturday at 12 o’ clock, me and you are sitting and I say, it breaks down whatever and whatever and then you have Michael Strahan and me. C’mon, the menace and the media darling," Sapp said. “C’mon. Madness or Good Morning America. I mean, c’mon.”

Read more: Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#ixzz2KJ8S6tnC

I respect what Sapp has done as a football player, but this is one of the dumbest things I've heard him say. Strahan was better than him and he knows it.

Comment

He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
                Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Abso ****ing lutely!
                    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

poo poo loud mouth Sapp..

Strahan > Sapp

Comment

Sapp was a lot of hype. He had a great peak but he wasn't the best on his team. That was Derrick Brooks. Sapp was also a joke on the Raiders. Unlike Strahan, Sapp was also cut in his "peak years". I'm literally stunned that guy got in over Strahan.

Comment

The only thing bigger than Sapp's fat *** is his ego!!!
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Forgetting my bias for a moment .... can someone logically explain to me why Sapp is in the HoF before Strahan?

Less sacks, tackles, pass defenses, forced fumbles, safeties, TDs and Super Bowl appearances.

Then let's consider strength of position. Strahan was the second highest rated strong side DE in NFL history (behind Reggie White).

Warren Sapp (DT) arguably doesn't even rate in the Top 10 at his position (Randle, Green, Grier, Kennedy, Olsen, White, Lilly, Page, Perry, Selmon).

Sapp: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SappWa00.htm

Strahan: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/StraMi02.htm

I don't get it.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              Forgetting my bias for a moment .... can someone logically explain to me why Sapp is in the HoF before Strahan?

Less sacks, tackles, pass defenses, forced fumbles, safeties, TDs and Super Bowl appearances.

Then let's consider strength of position. Strahan was the second highest rated strong side DE in NFL history (behind Reggie White).

Warren Sapp (DT) arguably doesn't even rate in the Top 10 at his position (Randle, Green, Grier, Kennedy, Olsen, White, Lilly, Page, Perry, Selmon).

Sapp: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SappWa00.htm

Strahan: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/StraMi02.htm

I don't get it.
                              I personally like Sapp a lot. But I would say the Strahan/Sapp argument has good points to be made on both sides.

Having said that.......

......I truly believe however that the fake sack record and the way it was gotten, had a direct impact on the HOF voting this year. Obviously Strahan is a Hall of Fame quality player and will definitely get in, probably next year.
                              But if you guys don't think that fiasco with Favre didn't have an impact with some voters, you're kidding yourselves.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X