Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Hope To Sign Martellus Bennett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants Hope To Sign Martellus Bennett

    http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/08/...ellus-bennett/

    Excerpt: "With backup tight end Bear Pascoe now re-signed, the New York Giants will likely turn their attention toMartellus Bennett, who's scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent when the new league year begins on March 12th.

    And after a successful first year in blue, ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk reports the Giants are hopeful to re-sign him.

    "The Giants hope to re-sign Bennett. If they are unable to re-sign Bennett, the Giants will likely have to search for another tight end. Bennett should be one of the Giants' priorities among their own free agents," Ohm wrote." Read more...



    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Bennett is right up there with Cruz and Beatty as far as priorities this offseason. I hope a deal gets done, he loves playing here and just within his first season seemed like a great teammate and solid player on the field.

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope we can just sign him for a multi year contract. Last offseason, signing bennett was my #1 personnel move wish, and now I got to go through the angst of waiting and hoping we sign him again. While he didn't quite reach the high expectations I believed he was capable off, the way he played through that injury was even more impressive for me. Further, despite his individual success, he looked uncomfortable or awkward at times, imo bc he was getting acclimated to kgs offense throughout the season. I expect him to have an even better, more impressive 2nd season and on should we hopefully keep him for a while...hopefully jr shares my thoughts

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by primetime View Post
        Bennett is right up there with Cruz and Beatty as far as priorities this offseason. I hope a deal gets done, he loves playing here and just within his first season seemed like a great teammate and solid player on the field.
        Reese has made some of the right moves in the first releases. Now we have to wait and see who else gets released, what the CAP effect is, and who he signs before FA starts.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Eli makes all TEs look good. He even makes Pascoe look good when he's the starter. Look at Boss and Ballard. Bennett really shouldn't be a top priority for this team.

          If Adrian Robinson is the JPP of TEs, then let the man play and use our Bennett money towards Nicks and Cruz.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
            Eli makes all TEs look good. He even makes Pascoe look good when he's the starter. Look at Boss and Ballard. Bennett really shouldn't be a top priority for this team.

            If Adrian Robinson is the JPP of TEs, then let the man play and use our Bennett money towards Nicks and Cruz.
            And if Robinson still needs time to develop?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              And if Robinson still needs time to develop?
              It's a difficult question considering I don't know what Bennett is asking for contractually. If it's within reason then its good, but I don't want to over pay for a guy who didn't have pro-bowl numbers which a lot on this board think we should do.

              Bring Ballard back, Eli did fine with him and he won't cost a thing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                It's a difficult question considering I don't know what Bennett is asking for contractually. If it's within reason then its good, but I don't want to over pay for a guy who didn't have pro-bowl numbers which a lot on this board think we should do.

                Bring Ballard back, Eli did fine with him and he won't cost a thing.
                We should let Reese worry about the contracts since, as you point out, we don't know anything about the details. But Bennett is here, has produced numbers not seen since Shockey, and, as far as Ballard is concerned, we have no clue what his post surgery/recovery status is but I'd rather keep Bennett than bring Ballard back.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                  It's a difficult question considering I don't know what Bennett is asking for contractually. If it's within reason then its good, but I don't want to over pay for a guy who didn't have pro-bowl numbers which a lot on this board think we should do.

                  Bring Ballard back, Eli did fine with him and he won't cost a thing.
                  He said he's willing to give us a hometown discount. And I believe him, why would the guy finally start getting his career started here and then want to leave?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                    Eli makes all TEs look good. He even makes Pascoe look good when he's the starter. Look at Boss and Ballard. Bennett really shouldn't be a top priority for this team.

                    If Adrian Robinson is the JPP of TEs, then let the man play and use our Bennett money towards Nicks and Cruz.
                    You're making the fact that all there is to being a TE is being a target for Eli, that's not the case. Bennett really shines in being a superior run and pass blocker, it's not even a contest between him and Pascoe.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X