X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Rodgers a good deal!

Nice signing by Reese...

From Jenny V at the star ledger:
    Defensive tackle Shaun Rogers returned to the Giants on a one-year deal worth $1.005 million, but it is also a split contract to protect the team against injury. Rogers' contract has a $20,000 signing bonus, a $45,000 weight bonus and a base salary of $940,000, but the split lowers his salary to $433,000 if he lands on injured reserve. Rogers spent the 2012 season on IR with a blood clot in his leg. Rogers' base salary counts just $555,000 against the cap because of the veteran minimum salary benefit rule.

EDIT:

http://www.nj.com/giants/team/136042...ear-split.html - RF
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-09-2013, 12:44 PM.

Nice, Stay healthy big fella.. please

Comment

The heavy interior with Josepg/Rogers is intriguing to say the least. I'd probably like it a lot more of we got better pressure coming from the ends.

Comment

lets hope for the best. but at 33, one year without playing and who knows how much he weighs...it will be interesting to see what he can do

Comment

At that price and with that contract structure, it is a smart play by JR.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            At that price and with that contract structure, it is a smart play by JR.
            He's doing what he can to not get boxed into any corners requiring restructuring or dead CAP space. It's fascinating to watch, even from this distance. He uses whatever leverage he has to the team's advantage.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              He's doing what he can to not get boxed into any corners requiring restructuring or dead CAP space. It's fascinating to watch, even from this distance. He uses whatever leverage he has to the team's advantage.
              Honestly, it's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Honestly, it's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late...
                It's better to build protection into contracts
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
                  lets hope for the best. but at 33, one year without playing and who knows how much he weighs...it will be interesting to see what he can do
                  I get what your saying because of his age...but he came into camp last year in Great shape and Jerry Reese even commented on it. Wish I could say the same for Marvin Austin

Comment

I hope Rogers can get back into shape. We need a big body now that Canty is gone. Last chance saloon for Austin. He better be in top shape when he hits camp, or he may be gone before he breaks a sweat.
                    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Definitely a good signing, but not at all surprising. A 33 year old who just missed last year. He most likely won't find a better deal anywhere else, so why bother packing up everything you own and move to your third city in three years.

Comment

Just above vet min.

Also, congratulations for incorrectly spelling both the first and last names of this player hah

Comment

33 year old injury prone DT's rarely stay healthy. We'll be lucky to get 5 games out of him.

Comment

Good move. I trust Reese and Coughlin on these moves. It will be exciting to see what they do with signings and the draft before the season starts. We should have a solid and exciting team next year. The division should be easy too take but I hope we're built to go all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              It's better to build protection into contracts
                              +1 and with Rodgers, we have it.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X