Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by jintsfan666 View Post
    And just what is it we do well besides sitting rooks because of a single fumble. Oh yeah. Our preference for developing a good blocking back in lieu of a 1,000 yd rusher. Got it.
    Every Team's preference is to develop a good blocking back when you have a 100 million dollar investment to protect.
    Last edited by ozzie0075; 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Drez View Post
      The one that was entrusted to return kicks.
      And broke the record for most all purpose yards in a game? How did he do it whilst sitting on the bench? Extra fast bench?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #48
        We have won 2 SBs in 5 years with an offense that focuses on passes to the WRs. Boss, nor Ballard were uber athletic, yet all of them fit well into the system. If Bennett wants top 5 money he won't get it here. It would be such a misuse of our money. Good blocking TEs can be had at a discount in comparison to the athletic playmaking TEs like Graham, Gonzales, Gates, etc.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

        http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
          Bennett is not even close to top 5, not even top 10 honestly, especially considering how we use the TE. We don't need a top 5 TE in this offense. I'd be willing to see what Adrian Robinson had next year and drafting another one to compete. Even if it's a drop off and he has growing pains as he is raw it won't be that bad b/c TE is not the focus of our offense. If Bennett wants market value he can get it somewhere else.
          Fans need to understand what it is that we do well, and simply put TE is not wear we butter our bread.
          Most top offenses use TEs very well. Thats one reason I have never been crazy about Gilbride. I think the lack of using TEs as a regular weapon, as well as RBs in the passing game, shows his limitations in offensive game planning. I like the guy, and I think he proved his worth. It isn't his fault Gilbride lacks imagination. Sign him.
          Last edited by GiantRoc; 02-11-2013, 12:30 AM.
          # 80 (For FBomb)

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
            let's flip the script and sign his bro away from the bucs,,,that is if the money is available and he is affordable.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
              Most top offenses use TEs very well. Thats one reason I have never been crazy about Gilbride. I think the lack of using TEs as a regular weapon, as well as RBs in the passing game, shows his limitations in offensive game planning. I like the guy, and I think he proved his worth. It isn't his fault Gilbride lacks imagination. Sign him.
              You can't have top 5 player at every position. We are not going to pay Nicks, Cruz, and Bennett top 5 money, so who do you think of the three will not get top 5 money? rhetorical question We won the last SB on the strength of his offense. Nobody is going to make Bennett the feature of any offense when you have Nicks and Cruz. Offenses are customized to personnel. When the Gilbride offense had 3 good WRs it was at it's best. I think with the progression of Randle and if Nicks and Cruz can stay healthy combined with Gilbride's adjustments to the league's adjustment to this offense we will regain our form.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

              http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                You can't have top 5 player at every position. We are not going to pay Nicks, Cruz, and Bennett top 5 money, so who do you think of the three will not get top 5 money? rhetorical question We won the last SB on the strength of his offense. Nobody is going to make Bennett the feature of any offense when you have Nicks and Cruz. Offenses are customized to personnel. When the Gilbride offense had 3 good WRs it was at it's best. I think with the progression of Randle and if Nicks and Cruz can stay healthy combined with Gilbride's adjustments to the league's adjustment to this offense we will regain our form.
                You are assuming he will demand top 5 money. We pay what we can pay. To say we should ignore an excellent TE because we have gotten by in the past, doesn't make sense to me. Obviously we can't break the bank for him, but don't throw the guy away without a decent attempt to keep him. We can't always depend on the bomd. What are we, the 70s Raiders? If we rely on that offense alone. and we get an injury to Nicks or Cruz or Whoever #3 is, we will be 9-7 again watching the playoffs. Why bother with a TE at all? Just line up another tackle. All I am saying is get the guy if he is being reasonable. But if you want to save the money to give Cruz $10 mil a year, I guess its an option. I just don't agree.
                # 80 (For FBomb)

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                  You are assuming he will demand top 5 money. We pay what we can pay. To say we should ignore an excellent TE because we have gotten by in the past, doesn't make sense to me. Obviously we can't break the bank for him, but don't throw the guy away without a decent attempt to keep him. We can't always depend on the bomd. What are we, the 70s Raiders? If we rely on that offense alone. and we get an injury to Nicks or Cruz or Whoever #3 is, we will be 9-7 again watching the playoffs. Why bother with a TE at all? Just line up another tackle. All I am saying is get the guy if he is being reasonable. But if you want to save the money to give Cruz $10 mil a year, I guess its an option. I just don't agree.
                  We're all getting ahead of the event(s). Is Reese done releasing players? Is he not going to ask for reduced pay in some cases and then release if they won't? He is able to project how much he needs to sign all of the draft choices. How much more CAP space does he need to do what he wants to do?

                  Does Nicks beg off so he can negotiate after a better season than he had last season? Reese will use his playing behind Cruz, numbers wise, for two years just as he's using signing Nicks in Cruz's negotiation.

                  Too many unknowns for us to have a clue.
                  Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-11-2013, 07:37 AM.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    If you would pay MB top 5 TE money, I'm glad you are not the Giants GM.
                    Do not feed the trolls.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      browns are targeting him also
                      sigpic
                      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                      2015 season tbd

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I've posted it other threads about MB, but I would love to re-sign him.

                        He's a very good blocker and showed to be a very good pass target.

                        I think he would been a bigger target if our offense was geared less toward the downfield passing game.


                        However, most of the stuff we've heard sound like he won't be back.

                        Let's hope Mike Pope can turn Adrien Robinson into a player.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I understand these players need to make a livelihood, and I shouldn't talk unless I'm in their shoes blah blah, but why the hell would you give up the opportunity to actually win the big one? These guys all make tremendous amounts of money anyway.

                          I guess the point I'm actually trying to make is, why would you want to play for a garbage organization like Tampa, with a disrespectful college crybaby coach like Schiano, when you are in the position to really stand out and win?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            You can't have top 5 player at every position. We are not going to pay Nicks, Cruz, and Bennett top 5 money, so who do you think of the three will not get top 5 money? rhetorical question We won the last SB on the strength of his offense. Nobody is going to make Bennett the feature of any offense when you have Nicks and Cruz. Offenses are customized to personnel. When the Gilbride offense had 3 good WRs it was at it's best. I think with the progression of Randle and if Nicks and Cruz can stay healthy combined with Gilbride's adjustments to the league's adjustment to this offense we will regain our form.
                            I can't think of a single team that has more then 2 or 3 top 5 players on their second contract (non rookie), at their position. This is especially the case if you have a top QB. Off the top of my head, the ravens have Reed, Suggs, and Ngata. Once Flacco gets that new contract though, it won't be possible
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              RF is dead on! I say if we're smart we give Nicks an offer right after Cruz, before the season starts. If he makes it through 16 games his asking price goes up. Use the same way we got Osi on the cheap, make the offer before the market appreciates. Make it juicy too, with a good amount of guaranteed money. After what happened to SS, every receiver who was here will think twice about turning down a big contract. I think Nicks has shown us what he brings to the table. He will play hard every game and play through pain and when he's healthy he is the best to wear a Giants uniform.

                              I think his agent will convince him to wait until next offseason and don't settle for a good but not great offer.
                              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                              http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                                RF is dead on! I say if we're smart we give Nicks an offer right after Cruz, before the season starts. If he makes it through 16 games his asking price goes up. Use the same way we got Osi on the cheap, make the offer before the market appreciates. Make it juicy too, with a good amount of guaranteed money. After what happened to SS, every receiver who was here will think twice about turning down a big contract. I think Nicks has shown us what he brings to the table. He will play hard every game and play through pain and when he's healthy he is the best to wear a Giants uniform.

                                I think his agent will convince him to wait until next offseason and don't settle for a good but not great offer.
                                It's a gamble, but if I were advising Nicks that would be my advice. If Nicks has a knock out first 8 games in 2013, I'd go to Reese and start negotiations on firmer footing than coming off a foot and knee plagued season.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X