Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

    http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/10/...ellus-bennett/

    The New York Giants signed tight end Martellus Bennett away from the Dallas Cowboys in a free agency a year ago. The one-year deal proved to the Giants that Bennett was worthy of his contract, and should be worthy of a new contract. Meanwhile, Bennett has made it clear he loves playing for the Giants, and would love to remain one, but in the case that a new deal can't be reached, expect the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to make a run at him.

    In a Q&A with Tampa Bay Tribune writer Roy Cummings, a fan asked if the Buccaneers will attempt to lure Bennett to Tampa in free agency.

    "I will be a little surprised if the Bucs don't target Bennett, and I can see them going after the cornerbacks you mentioned," the fan wrote.


    "Remember, if the Bucs retain DE Michael Bennett – and my guess is they will go after his brother Martellus in the hopes of creating a package deal – they can use Michael Bennett and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim inside," Cummings replied." Read more...



    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano

    Comment


    • #3
      The team hasn't said squat.

      Comment


      • #4
        Background noise....

        Comment


        • #5
          He's going to get a lot of looks for what he did last season. Just hope that majority of the league has their eyes on Jared Cook instead haha.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
            They must see talent, no?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
              Background noise....
              It's all part of the process. Maybe the Giants don't see Bennett as valuable a contributor as some of us do.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Waiting for Schiano to post on this thread...

                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I saw talent but not enough for a BIG BOY offer. He came off as an above average role player. I'd give him a yes or no offer with no room for negotiation. We have had great success w/o a superstar TE. In this offense, we just need somebody to run the correct route and catch the ball, athletic ability is a bonus.
                  Last edited by B&RWarrior; 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM.
                  Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                  http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think Bennett certainly deserves a top 5-10 TE level contract...anyone thinking otherwise is being unreasonable! He came here and produced nice numbers in his first season. The role of the TE is not complex so when he has our system down he will be able to build on his success and I do believe he will crack top 5 TE status in his career and hopefully as a Giant. We need a guy like this on the team, not rookies or journeymen with potential in 3 years or so. He is a great blocker and has decent hands and athletic ability. I highly doubt Adrian Robinson is going to supplant him in 2013 and Beckum won't be here so then what? Another rookie? A below average (unheard of) free-agent? Lets lock down this position. Bennett will play hurt and fight for our cause. I like this dude!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hungrrrry View Post
                      I think Bennett certainly deserves a top 5-10 TE level contract...anyone thinking otherwise is being unreasonable! He came here and produced nice numbers in his first season. The role of the TE is not complex so when he has our system down he will be able to build on his success and I do believe he will crack top 5 TE status in his career and hopefully as a Giant. We need a guy like this on the team, not rookies or journeymen with potential in 3 years or so. He is a great blocker and has decent hands and athletic ability. I highly doubt Adrian Robinson is going to supplant him in 2013 and Beckum won't be here so then what? Another rookie? A below average (unheard of) free-agent? Lets lock down this position. Bennett will play hurt and fight for our cause. I like this dude!
                      Bennett is not even close to top 5, not even top 10 honestly, especially considering how we use the TE. We don't need a top 5 TE in this offense. I'd be willing to see what Adrian Robinson had next year and drafting another one to compete. Even if it's a drop off and he has growing pains as he is raw it won't be that bad b/c TE is not the focus of our offense. If Bennett wants market value he can get it somewhere else.

                      Fans need to understand what it is that we do well, and simply put TE is not wear we butter our bread.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                      http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
                        +1 to that, in fact now I would love for us not only to sign Bennett, but bring his brother up here as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
                          They picked up Ward and Ware from us wonder how they made out with that.
                          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well you can't have em. Nanananananana.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                              They picked up Ward and Ware from us wonder how they made out with that.
                              Ware's actually a pretty nice player for them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X