Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
    man Brown and Wilson.

Is anybody else super jacked for our running attack next year? It'll be so beastly!
    These two guys have yet to prove that they can be successful RB's over the coarse of an entire season. Is the potential there? Absolutely, but until they prove it, I am very worried about the running game going into 2013..

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      I am optimistic, but I'm going to dial it down until I see the final 53
      i agree but the hype has me pumped! i wish it was July already! lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
        These two guys have yet to prove that they can be successful RB's over the coarse of an entire season. Is the potential there? Absolutely, but until they prove it, I am very worried about the running game going into 2013..
        If we had just one of them starting the whole entire season I could understand, but both of them splitting carries? We are very fortunate to have both these guys as a one-two punch. Many teams would like to be in our situation I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
          If we had just one of them starting the whole entire season I could understand, but both of them splitting carries? We are very fortunate to have both these guys as a one-two punch. Many teams would like to be in our situation I'd imagine.
          Both of them did well enough to be the tandem in 2013 unless they feel the need to bring in a transitional player.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Both of them did well enough to be the tandem in 2013 unless they feel the need to bring in a transitional player.
            Nah those two are just fine............
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              Agreed.

Comment

i would be upset if he got as many carries as Wilson, Wilson should get the major share of carries and plays, Brown is a backup

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  I'm more comfortable with Brown than Wilson, but not worried about Wilson either
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                    this team would be unstoppable!
                    Then our defense would take the field......

Comment

Andre Brown was a huge surprise last year and love to see he'll be back on the team, but I worry about his health.

The guy has a bad knack of getting injured which is not a good trait for a RB.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        I rescind the "nope" comment I made earlier. Figured he'd be on schedule but I'm surprised I haven't heard he was completely recovered yet. I usually know these things.
                        Remember he promised to be ready by the Super Bowl, were the Giants to make it.

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        OH MY GOD, DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT ANDRE BROWN BROKE HIS FIBULA?
                        NO I DID NOT, SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT

Comment

I have no doubt we will view those two like we did Bradshaw and Jacobs at one time. Depending on Scott we might have a shot to go back to that 3 headed monster at some point down the road. These guys have the potential assuming they fix Oline to make us forget prior tandems.. Jacobs and AB1 will always have a place in Giants lore and a soft spot in all of our hearts. But it's time for a new era of younger guys ready to take the reins
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I hope he recovers from his injury the same way Derrick Ward did a couple of years back.

Per Wiki: On December 21, 2008, Ward led the Giants' rushing attack with 215 rushing yards in a 34-28 overtime victory over the Carolina Panthers to clinch homefield advantage throughout the 2009 NFL Playoffs. He finished the season with 1,025 yards, making him and Brandon Jacobs the fifth pair of teammates to rush for 1000 yards in a single season. The strong performance by both running backs is credited to high grade run blocking by the Giants offensive line.

'Course we'll need some of that high-grade run blocking to make it all go.
                            sigpic

"For the rest of your life men, no one can tell you that you couldn't do it, because you did it." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              I think Brown enters the season as #1 imo.
                              Not a terrible thing if it allows Wilson to continue to help out in the return game.

When was the last time the Giants had an explosive return man? Meggett? It's time.

Comment

Working...
                              X