X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Giant
    started a topic Andre Brown

Andre Brown

Is there any word on how he is doing? With AB gone, is he the planned number 2 back?

• Sosynciere
    replied
    Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think Brown enters the season as #1 imo.
    Not a terrible thing if it allows Wilson to continue to help out in the return game.

When was the last time the Giants had an explosive return man? Meggett? It's time.

Leave a comment:

• 45Jones
    replied
    I hope he recovers from his injury the same way Derrick Ward did a couple of years back.

Per Wiki: On December 21, 2008, Ward led the Giants' rushing attack with 215 rushing yards in a 34-28 overtime victory over the Carolina Panthers to clinch homefield advantage throughout the 2009 NFL Playoffs. He finished the season with 1,025 yards, making him and Brandon Jacobs the fifth pair of teammates to rush for 1000 yards in a single season. The strong performance by both running backs is credited to high grade run blocking by the Giants offensive line.

'Course we'll need some of that high-grade run blocking to make it all go.

Leave a comment:

• miked1958
    replied
    I have no doubt we will view those two like we did Bradshaw and Jacobs at one time. Depending on Scott we might have a shot to go back to that 3 headed monster at some point down the road. These guys have the potential assuming they fix Oline to make us forget prior tandems.. Jacobs and AB1 will always have a place in Giants lore and a soft spot in all of our hearts. But it's time for a new era of younger guys ready to take the reins

Leave a comment:

• Flip Empty
    replied
    Originally posted by titwio View Post
    I rescind the "nope" comment I made earlier. Figured he'd be on schedule but I'm surprised I haven't heard he was completely recovered yet. I usually know these things.
    Remember he promised to be ready by the Super Bowl, were the Giants to make it.

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    OH MY GOD, DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT ANDRE BROWN BROKE HIS FIBULA?
    NO I DID NOT, SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT

Leave a comment:

• Evo'Ed
    replied
    Andre Brown was a huge surprise last year and love to see he'll be back on the team, but I worry about his health.

The guy has a bad knack of getting injured which is not a good trait for a RB.

Leave a comment:

• Giantslb66
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    this team would be unstoppable!
    Then our defense would take the field......

Leave a comment:

• gumby74
    replied
    I think Brown enters the season as #1 imo.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Nah those two are just fine............
    I'm more comfortable with Brown than Wilson, but not worried about Wilson either

Leave a comment:

• TheShouldersOf
    replied
    i would be upset if he got as many carries as Wilson, Wilson should get the major share of carries and plays, Brown is a backup

Leave a comment:

• Rusty192
    replied
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Both of them did well enough to be the tandem in 2013 unless they feel the need to bring in a transitional player.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
    If we had just one of them starting the whole entire season I could understand, but both of them splitting carries? We are very fortunate to have both these guys as a one-two punch. Many teams would like to be in our situation I'd imagine.
    Both of them did well enough to be the tandem in 2013 unless they feel the need to bring in a transitional player.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty192
    replied
    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    These two guys have yet to prove that they can be successful RB's over the coarse of an entire season. Is the potential there? Absolutely, but until they prove it, I am very worried about the running game going into 2013..
    If we had just one of them starting the whole entire season I could understand, but both of them splitting carries? We are very fortunate to have both these guys as a one-two punch. Many teams would like to be in our situation I'd imagine.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlue1971
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I am optimistic, but I'm going to dial it down until I see the final 53
    i agree but the hype has me pumped! i wish it was July already! lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X