Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da'Rel Scott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Da'Rel Scott

    I was pretty high on him, but he spent his rookie year mothballed (sort of a Giants tradition), and then was crowded out and hurt last season.

    I see him becoming a pretty important #3 back.....and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some action on special teams if Wilson becomes the main or 50/50 guy with Brown. If I recall, he also showed some flash on special teams during his rookie preseason year.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

  • #2
    Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I was pretty high on him, but he spent his rookie year mothballed (sort of a Giants tradition), and then was crowded out and hurt last season.

    I see him becoming a pretty important #3 back.....and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some action on special teams if Wilson becomes the main or 50/50 guy with Brown. If I recall, he also showed some flash on special teams during his rookie preseason year.
    Let's hope.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      He was showing to be a solid guy on ST's coverage as well. He had a blocked punt and was being used as a gunner IIRC before he got hurt. I think his value right now is mostly just that...ST's, kick returner...along with speed and RB depth.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

      Comment


      • #4
        He did get some carries in that blowout win against the Carolina panthers.

        Comment


        • #5
          If Wilson is starting next season (which with Bradshaw's release is more likely now), Scott will probably take his place back to return...

          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            We'll see more of him now.

            Comment


            • #7
              maybe Scott can show his breakaway speed next season! #3 on the depth chart might give him the confidence to solidify his place in the lineup!

              Wilson, Brown and Scott can be a nightmare attack for the offense!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                If Wilson is starting next season (which with Bradshaw's release is more likely now), Scott will probably take his place back to return...
                yup, kickoff returner.. maybe a few carries behing Wilson / Brown

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe if he can develop as a receiver out of the backfield, he can see more time as a third down receiver. He actually looked best in protection out of the three last preseason.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    If Wilson is starting next season (which with Bradshaw's release is more likely now), Scott will probably take his place back to return...
                    The competition at camp will be interesting between Brown and Wilson
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                      maybe Scott can show his breakaway speed next season! #3 on the depth chart might give him the confidence to solidify his place in the lineup!

                      Wilson, Brown and Scott can be a nightmare attack for the offense!
                      I agree....Scott has to feel like he's going to have a bigger role on this team now.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        I agree....Scott has to feel like he's going to have a bigger role on this team now.
                        yea i think once he can get playing time he might be a surprise for us! actually i think his biggest obstacle is pass protection!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          The competition at camp will be interesting between Brown and Wilson
                          Do you think Lumpkin and/or Torain will be back next season?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
                            Do you think Lumpkin and/or Torain will be back next season?
                            I'd like to see Lumpkin compete in camp based on what he did in very limited time. Torain I have no clue
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I'd like to see Lumpkin compete in camp based on what he did in very limited time. Torain I have no clue
                              I think Torain was only signed to get some covert info about the Redskins.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X