Cruz a Patriot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titwio View Post
    Percy Harvin is officially on the trade block. The Vikings just announced. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-percy-harvin/

I see him more of an option for them than Cruz.
    +1

Comment

The are trying to get rid of Harvin because he is not the best team player.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
        lets get percy harvin!
        Oy
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

The Pats refused to sign Welker. I'd be very surprised if they signed a more explosive, but similar player in Cruz.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Like I said. JR is confident in his ability to pluck quality WRs out of draft or undrafted guys that will fill the role nicely so we all know he has a set number for Cruz and Nicks and will not go above it. If other teams offer more he will not match it. He will let them walk. I'm sure they will try and resolve the Cruz issue prior to the draft and if not expect him to take a WR or two with some of our picks
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
              Profootballtalk.com reporting Welker and Lloyd could be on the way out in NE. I don't know what it is, and I've said it before on this board, but Belichick scares me regarding Cruz. I think he'd give up a 1st rounder in a second to get Cruz there. #-1 he has tons of picks from previous trades. #-2, he'll have a need, if he releases those 2 guys. #-3. I look at what he did with the Ballard B.S last year, and I think he'd just love to stick it to us.

I don't know his cap situation, but I'm concerned.

Any of you guys feel the same, or am I paranoid?
              BB cares about the Patriots way more than sticking anything to the Giants. I never got the whole hting with Ballard anyway. How was he sticking it to the Giants?? Ballard couldnt play anyway. Also the Giants got Bennet......better than Ballard
              If some how Cruz winds up on the Pats it will be a sound business move to help the Pats and not stick it to the Giants
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

If there not going to pay Welker why would they pay for Cruz?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  BB cares about the Patriots way more than sticking anything to the Giants. I never got the whole hting with Ballard anyway. How was he sticking it to the Giants?? Ballard couldnt play anyway. Also the Giants got Bennet......better than Ballard
                  If some how Cruz winds up on the Pats it will be a sound business move to help the Pats and not stick it to the Giants
                  The thing with Ballard was to probably try and see if BB could get some information out of him about the Giants schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
                    If there not going to pay Welker why would they pay for Cruz?
                    Not saying they will but Welker will be 32 before the start of the season and wants way too much money for a guy who's clearly on the decline.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I just heard on NFL AM that the only WR the Patriots have locked up right now is safety/WR/gunner Matthew Slater. I'm almost going to guarantee that Percy Harvin will be a Patriot next season and replace Wes Welker.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by flashnando View Post
                        The thing with Ballard was to probably try and see if BB could get some information out of him about the Giants schemes.
                        Plus, why would the patriots give up a first round pick for Cruz when there a load of WR talents in Free Agency. Dwayne Bowe, Jennings, Hartline, Wallace

Comment

I still the the book on how to value a slot receiver in this league is being written. I don't think any owners, coach, player, or agent has any realm of an idea as to what the best slot receiver in the game should be making.

Comment

I just dont see any team giving up a first round pick for Cruz AND paying Cruz two or three times what they'd pay a first round pick. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot (twice). Just doesn't make sense, especially the way he played down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
                              I just dont see any team giving up a first round pick for Cruz AND paying Cruz two or three times what they'd pay a first round pick. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot (twice). Just doesn't make sense, especially the way he played down the stretch.
                              Teams like proven winners. Cruz has lead this team's receivers for the two years he's been here, setting a franchise record his first year. The Pats have Welker who is aging and may not be re-signed. Cruz would make perfect sense in their offense if they want to give up the pick. They have clsoe to $20M in CAP space so money won't be as much of a problem as it will be here.

I still don't think they'll do it, but only because they don't have all of their draft picks in 2013.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Honestly, I can see Cruz in a Patriots uniform. I wouldn't put it past any GM to give up a 1st for Cruz. He's probably the best all-around WR in FA right now. I would certainly give up a 1st if I was already planning on drafting a WR in rounds 1 or 2.
                                Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 02-12-2013, 01:05 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X