Cruz a Patriot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Honestly, I can see Cruz in a Patriots uniform. I wouldn't put it past any GM to give up a 1st for Cruz. He's probably the best all-around WR in FA right now. I would certainly give up a 1st if I was already planning to drafting a WR in the rounds 1 or 2.
    We'll know soon enough
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Honestly I could see Dallas giving up a first for Cruz, or at least attempting to (they're in a lot of cap hell as well right now, so we could potentially match any offer they'd make). Cruz was also a cowboys fan before signing with the Giants... yeah it would suck...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        Honestly I could see Dallas giving up a first for Cruz, or at least attempting to (they're in a lot of cap hell as well right now, so we could potentially match any offer they'd make). Cruz was also a cowboys fan before signing with the Giants... yeah it would suck...
        I just threw up in my mouth a little..

Comment

Wallace, Bowe, Jennings, Amendola, Welker and Hartline are all FAs that require no draft compensation. Teams looking to pay for a WR can probably find better value and not send Reese a 1st rounder.

Dallas already has a shifty slot guy in Austin.
          Cincy has cap space to sign any two guys they want. Why give up a pick ?

NE might do it. The last 3-4 picks in the draft are almost untradeable and the players available are no better than the second rounders. They have some money to spend and like shifty inside guys to pair up with their two TE sets. I could see BB thinking that if he has to pay 7m/yr for a slot receiver he might as well be 26 instead of 32.

There is absolutely no way we could match a NE deal. BB would put a poison pill in the contract so matching it would be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
            Wallace, Bowe, Jennings, Amendola, Welker and Hartline are all FAs that require no draft compensation. Teams looking to pay for a WR can probably find better value and not send Reese a 1st rounder.

Dallas already has a shifty slot guy in Austin.
            Cincy has cap space to sign any two guys they want. Why give up a pick ?

NE might do it. The last 3-4 picks in the draft are almost untradeable and the players available are no better than the second rounders. They have some money to spend and like shifty inside guys to pair up with their two TE sets. I could see BB thinking that if he has to pay 7m/yr for a slot receiver he might as well be 26 instead of 32.

There is absolutely no way we could match a NE deal. BB would put a poison pill in the contract so matching it would be impossible.
            There's no poison pill involved. They make him an offer, give up a first and when the Giants can't match (and the Pats would know where that line is) Cruz is a Patriot.

I don't think they will , but it's not beyond possible
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              There's no poison pill involved. They make him an offer, give up a first and when the Giants can't match (and the Pats would know where that line is) Cruz is a Patriot.

I don't think they will , but it's not beyond possible
              So then we have two 1st round picks to utilize, could be worse..

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                So then we have two 1st round picks to utilize, could be worse..
                It could, depending on what we do with those picks. I always prefer keeping our play makers. I was pissed when we let Cofield go. It's a business and we'll field whoever we have on the final 53.

Comment

It could, depending on what we do with those picks. I always prefer keeping our play makers. I was pissed when we let Cofield go. It's a business and we'll field whoever we have on the final 53.
                  Cofield was a good player and of course I would love to keep Cruz! He kind of is my sig!

Problem with FA is, someone is always willing to pay more usually. We have price caps on players, teams like the redskins dont.. lol

Comment

I think Cruz will be here in 2013. Could he bw with a rival in 2014? Very likely, unless Reese assure him he will negotiate a proper contract during 2013. Even Cruz's detractors acknowledge he's entitled to fair compensation.

Comment

I think Cruz will be here in 2013. Could he bw with a rival in 2014? Very likely, unless Reese assure him he will negotiate a proper contract during 2013. Even Cruz's detractors acknowledge he's entitled to fair compensation.
                      He is def entitled to his money, there is no doubt about that. I think Cruz is definetely taking the right approach with this and keeping it out of the media. Also, not holding out last year either. I love guys with attitudes like that, so I hope he is with out team for the forseaable feature!

Comment

He is def entitled to his money, there is no doubt about that. I think Cruz is definetely taking the right approach with this and keeping it out of the media. Also, not holding out last year either. I love guys with attitudes like that, so I hope he is with out team for the forseaable feature!
                        Holding out never does a player enough good to have been worth it. I get the frustration they feel with little or no leverage but better to kick the dog than hold out.

Comment

Holding out never does a player enough good to have been worth it. I get the frustration they feel with little or no leverage but better to kick the dog than hold out.
                          Holding out only decreases your value. You are now a known as head case and are not showcasing your talent... do what Cruz does. Show up, make plays and the money will come. I know the money will come to Cruz and he is a good man.

Comment

Holding out only decreases your value. You are now a known as head case and are not showcasing your talent... do what Cruz does. Show up, make plays and the money will come. I know the money will come to Cruz and he is a good man.
                            I'll be glad when we're in camp and most of this drama is history.

Comment

I'll be glad when we're in camp and most of this drama is history.
                              Oh yeah, less talking, more action!

Comment

He's not going to give up a 1st for a WR, and neither are the patriots. If he wanted a WR that bad, he could just use the 1st to draft one, but I doubt he'd do that either. Bill builds his teams like Parcell's, from the inside (line) out.

Comment

Working...
                                X