Cruz a Patriot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz a Patriot?

Profootballtalk.com reporting Welker and Lloyd could be on the way out in NE. I don't know what it is, and I've said it before on this board, but Belichick scares me regarding Cruz. I think he'd give up a 1st rounder in a second to get Cruz there. #-1 he has tons of picks from previous trades. #-2, he'll have a need, if he releases those 2 guys. #-3. I look at what he did with the Ballard B.S last year, and I think he'd just love to stick it to us.

I don't know his cap situation, but I'm concerned.

Any of you guys feel the same, or am I paranoid?

You're paranoid.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

BB would never give up a 1st for Cruz

Comment

bunch of BS.. I hope

Comment

If Belichick's sole goal has been to destroy the Giants, than he's an egomaniac who is gonna have a hard time winning another SB. With that said, I doubt it.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Percy Harvin is officially on the trade block. The Vikings just announced. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-percy-harvin/

I see him more of an option for them than Cruz.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Belichick is all about getting maximum value, so I don't think the Patriots would pay through the nose for Cruz.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                Percy Harvin is officially on the trade block. The Vikings just announced. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-percy-harvin/

I see him more of an option for them than Cruz.
                The Patriots will acquire him for a 7th rounder and a bowl of clam chowder of course.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if a team gave up their 1st for Cruz.
                  We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                    The Patriots will acquire him for a 7th rounder and a bowl of clam chowder of course.
                    Haha...knowing Belichick. Right now they have Butkus at WR and we all know they don't draft receiver well. Them making a deal just makes sense to me. Especially when he can fill that Welker role and be an upgrade.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

WOW, I'm surprised you none of thinks this could be an issue. But until Vic's name is on a deal, I'm gonna worry.

Comment

The Pats don't have a 1st for this season. I imagine they'll pursue Danny Amendola if they can't work something out with Welker.

Comment

They are one of the few teams who have a lot of CAP space and could easily make an offer we wouldn't match. Cruz would a great replacement for Welker. The Patriots are usually awash with draft picks. This season here's what they have

1st Round (#29 Overall)
                          2nd Round (#59 Overall)
                          3rd Round (#91 Overall)
                          7th Round (Bucs – Aqib Talib)
                          7th Round

I don't know if they have any compensatory picks in the wings but from the looks of what they do have, I don't see them giving up their 1st.
                          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            The Pats don't have a 1st for this season. I imagine they'll pursue Danny Amendola if they can't work something out with Welker.
                            They do have a 1st this year actually.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              They do have a 1st this year actually.
                              Huh, nevermind then, I must've misread.

Comment

Working...
                              X