Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best O line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best O line

    From the 80's on who were our best anyone listed before the 80'S will be a wasted vote. You can only vote 1 for each position.Will post the results who we pick as the all time O line players

    Think I am bored



    LT LG C RG RT
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  • #2
    I don't even remember who the o-line was until I really started paying attention... it was about the time o'hara and seubert came onboard.

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      I don't even remember who the o-line was until I really started paying attention... it was about the time o'hara and seubert came

      onboard.
      also I imagine a NYG fan and not paying attention to the most important part of a team go figure what a DUH I am

      all I know or can vote for would be O'hara for C and Snee for RG man thats bad. lol
      Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

      Comment


      • #4
        Thats because while I've been a fan since 1994 (As long as I can remember really), I didn't have an appreciation for the game of football itself until about 2002 or so...

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Left Tackle: Jumbo Elliot
          Left Guard: William Roberts (serious consideration Rich Seubert)
          Center: Bart Oates
          Right Guard: Chris Snee
          Right Tackle: Kareem McKenzie

          Giants fan since the early 80s

          Comment


          • #6
            Honorable mention: Karl Nelson (right tackle, 1983-1989)....also a great comeback story (missed 1987 with a form of Hogkins).

            "The Suburbanites" were a great line....

            Brad Benson (LT)
            Chris Godfrey (LG)
            Bart Oates (C)
            Billy Ard (RG)
            Karl Nelson (RT)
            Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              Honorable mention: Karl Nelson (right tackle, 1983-1989)....also a great comeback story (missed 1987 with a form of Hogkins).

              "The Suburbanites" were a great line....

              Brad Benson (LT)
              Chris Godfrey (LG)
              Bart Oates (C)
              Billy Ard (RG)
              Karl Nelson (RT)
              They were very good as a unit, but hardly good as individuals other that Oates
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

              1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

              Comment


              • #8
                [QUOTE=ny06;682486]
                Left Guard: William Roberts (serious consideration Rich Seubert)
                /QUOTE]

                Bro, William Roberts (along with the Elliot and Oats) was a probowler in 90-91, dude was a stud.

                LT - Jumbo Elliot (Stud, except vs Bruce Smith)
                LG- William Roberts (Stud)
                C - Bart Oats (Stud - when Parcells needed 2yds, he ran behind the left side - Oats, Roberts and Elliot)
                RG - Ron Stone (no one ever talks about him, but he opened some big holes for Tiki)
                RT - Doug Riesenberg (blocked Reggie White one-on-one)
                TE -Mark Bavaro (see RT)
                Originally posted by PennState1
                In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What?! No Luke Petitgout?

                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some of the other O line stand outs were: Brian Williams @ Center; Eric Moore and Bob Kratch @ Guard. These guys were instrumental in winning SB XXV.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                      Left Tackle: Jumbo Elliot
                      Left Guard: William Roberts (serious consideration Rich Seubert)
                      Center: Bart Oates
                      Right Guard: Chris Snee
                      Right Tackle: Kareem McKenzie
                      This is exactly what I would've picked, although I think a fair debate can be made between Ohara and Oates...
                      #80

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X