MLB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
    I agree, but what concerns me is the fact that I haven't heard or read any of the Giants coaches or GM say anything about a need for LBers..
    Reese has said that we need improved play from the LBs.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
      I think Brown is better suited at MLB because he's better at shedding blocks and is stout against the run (from what I've seen). I can see him being a starter from day 1. I think Ogletree can play the Mike as well but is better suited at Will. I get the feeling if the Giants drafted Tree he'd likely play a limited role in his rookie season and eventually move up the depth chart. (IMO)
      Well looks like we may get one of the 2 we have spoke about or a stud OT Really think we are in good shape just the cap to deal with now.
      Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
        I hope he ment we need LB's and not better play from the ones we have right now.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I see you guys talking about guys like Teo and Ogletree like Reese is even gonna bother with them. Everybody is going to have the stud line backers that they want to fall to us and even if they do Reese won't draft them.. Just save your self the trouble of getting your hopes up for a stud linebacker and accept that we are just going to draft another late round bust

Comment

Knowing him, he probably meat better play from Rivers, Williams, Kiwi and Paysinger....Oh and who could forget, Herzlich

This D would be much improved from a beast LB that could actually lead them (physically and emotionally) but knowing us, I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not one to complain and ##### about Reese's moves because 2 SB's in 5 years means he's doing something right, but I'm sick of seeing guys like Bruce Carter, Akeem Ayers, Navorro Bowman, Mason Foster, Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, Pat Angerer, Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler (I could go on forever) get picked up by other teams while we're watching....all of these guys aren't first rounders either by the way
            Last edited by egyptian420; 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I hope to see us draft one of ogeltree, brown or minter. brown appears to be the most NFL ready, ogeltree has the most upside, and minter who seems to not cover well, is a pretty fierce run stopper. if we cant get one of these guys i dunno,,,I just dont want to see any more sintims, jones', or dillard's.

Comment

I think Ogletree is the answer to our problems

Comment

I think the answer is right in the locker room, Jake Muasau. Just resigned to a futures contract, I think the coaches are high enough on him to give him a shot. Many may not think he can be a starting MLB in the LG but he's a good cap building alternative for our current situation.
                  sigpic

Comment

6' 1" 225 to 230 seems very small for an NFL MLB run stopper though. It looks like he has good mobility and technique, but will that translate to NFL ability? The commentary says he generally gets engulfed in blockers with size. That's pretty much every lineman in the NFL. I guess getting those answers is why they pay the scouts.
                    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

There's no point speculating on picks like people do every year. They never take the players we want, they always surprise us and its usually for the better. Whatever pick everyone is on love with this year, we aren't getting him. But I'm sure whoever they do pick will be someone we will end up being happy with. Like nicks, JPP, Wilson and so on

Comment

They certainly need to address the position, is River's the potential starter here? Will they look for someone with greater potential and bring them along? hard to see a clear picture on this one....

Comment

Originally posted by RichGiants81 View Post
                          There's no point speculating on picks like people do every year. They never take the players we want, they always surprise us and its usually for the better. Whatever pick everyone is on love with this year, we aren't getting him. But I'm sure whoever they do pick will be someone we will end up being happy with. Like nicks, JPP, Wilson and so on
                          Gee we are just killing time and having a little fun.
                          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            I think Brown is better suited at MLB because he's better at shedding blocks and is stout against the run (from what I've seen). I can see him being a starter from day 1. I think Ogletree can play the Mike as well but is better suited at Will. I get the feeling if the Giants drafted Tree he'd likely play a limited role in his rookie season and eventually move up the depth chart. (IMO)
                            Well stated!

Comment

but we haven't been getting improved play from the guys we have so are we looking to the draft or FA.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                                6' 1" 225 to 230 seems very small for an NFL MLB run stopper though. It looks like he has good mobility and technique, but will that translate to NFL ability? The commentary says he generally gets engulfed in blockers with size. That's pretty much every lineman in the NFL. I guess getting those answers is why they pay the scouts.
                                6'1 235 is the standard size for nfl linebackers now.

If you take a look around the nfl at the younger top linebackers they are all about that size.

There are only a few who are over 245, and only a few who are 6'3+

Comment

Working...
                                X