No announcement yet.

Bennett REALLY wants to stay a Giant...... let's HOPE we give him a fair offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett REALLY wants to stay a Giant...... let's HOPE we give him a fair offer

Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor Free agency hadn't even started yet and I'm already tired of talking to people about the "possibilities"
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor Free agency hadn't even started yet and I'm already tired of talking to people about the "possibilities"
    Not that I don't think that he doesn't want to stay here, but how do you infer that he does from that statement. All I got from it was that he was already tired of people asking him questions about what might happen in FA.

Comment

I thought he did really well all things considered..hopefully they can somehow keep him with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
        Not that I don't think that he doesn't want to stay here, but how do you infer that he does from that statement. All I got from it was that he was already tired of people asking him questions about what might happen in FA.
        Bennett is suggesting that other teams are interested. It's a solid negotiating tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post
          Bennett is suggesting that other teams are interested. It's a solid negotiating tactic.
          Bennett is smarter than your average Unicorn..

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post
            Um, if you think that suggesting that other teams are tampering by talking to him before FA starts is considered a solid negotiating tactic, then we have different ideas of what that constitutes.

Considering the number of twitter questions he gets about where he wants to or thinks he'll play next season, compounded with queries from the media, I think he's just tired of answering those questions, especially when nothing but him re-signing with the Giants can happen before March.

Comment

He did say this last week

Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor "@Giants_101: New York Giants Hope to Re-Sign Tight End Martellus Bennett http://sport-ne.ws/prx #giants #nyg #nygiants #nfl" niccceeeee

I think it's beyond obvious he's made it clear he wants to stay in NY, hopefully we can the money for him.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                He did say this last week

Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor "@Giants_101: New York Giants Hope to Re-Sign Tight End Martellus Bennett http://sport-ne.ws/prx #giants #nyg #nygiants #nfl" niccceeeee

I think it's beyond obvious he's made it clear he wants to stay in NY, hopefully we can the money for him.
                I know he would like to stay here, I just don't get how you can get that from the tweet the OP posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  I know he would like to stay here, I just don't get how you can get that from the tweet the OP posted.
                  Yeah, that's a pretty far reach.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                    Yeah, that's a pretty far reach.
                    Yup. To me it just says that he's already tired of people asking about it.

Comment

Maybe he likes NYC

Comment

he is a weird, weird guy. if anyone else follows him on twitter he talks about how he has no friends and he doesnt like people, and he's just out there. he can be hilarious at times, but he is a strange dude. makes me think he probably doesnt have a great locker room presence but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by jax5338 View Post
                          he is a weird, weird guy. if anyone else follows him on twitter he talks about how he has no friends and he doesnt like people, and he's just out there. he can be hilarious at times, but he is a strange dude. makes me think he probably doesnt have a great locker room presence but who knows.
                          I saw a good story about him not too long ago. He has many interests and I didn't detect anything negative as far as a negative locker room presence but who knows. He seems to be very into his girlfriend/wife (not sure if he's married) and appears that he's happy with her being his one true friend.
                          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

If he's not asking for the moon, then I'd be very interested in keeping him. I think that he's a solid TE.

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                              I saw a good story about him not too long ago. He has many interests and I didn't detect anything negative as far as a negative locker room presence but who knows. He seems to be very into his girlfriend/wife (not sure if he's married) and appears that he's happy with her being his one true friend.
                              Yeah. He is married, and I get that vibe from him too. And considering how many hangers-on athletes get, I can see why he may have trouble maintaining relationships, as there'd always be the doubt about if someone is being true or not.

However, just because the guy may not keep a lot of close friends outside of football doesn't mean he doesn't have a good locker room presence. Personally, I don't associate with many of the people I work with outside of work, but I have a pretty good working relationship with most of them most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X