No announcement yet.

Expect the Giants to sign a LB in FA or draft in the First Round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you say we lost Rivers in FA as if that were a fact that happened already.

I think we have a good chance to resign him for cheap. He wasn't able to stay healthy for us either, how is he a hot commodity?
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

I don't think Wheeler will be cheap in a relatively weak LBer class. He is coming off of the best season of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeyitus View Post
        They cut Michael Boley, they lose Rivers in FA...

That leaves

OLB - Williams and Kiwi and Paysinger

ILB - Blackburn and Herzlich

No way they allow this unit to go unaddressed.

Possible FA = Rey Maualuga, Dannell Ellerbe, Philip Wheeler, Erin Henderson

Possible Draft Picks = Round 1 - Jarvis Jones, Kevin Minter, Alec Ogletree
        Round 2 - Manti T'eo, Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, Chase Thomas
        I really think that Ogletree is gonna be gone by our pick. Jones too, I believe.

BPA in my opinion. We can use an upgrade in talent EVERYWHERE accept for QB and WR.

Comment

No way we draft an LB in the first, hopefully he diesnt wait to long like always and draft a bust... Just made a post about Khaseem Green, u think he would be a great fit. Just don't know how high he is going to go in the draft. Him in the second would be great though

Comment

I don't know if we'll spend a 1st rounder on a ILB, maybe a DE or a CB... FA is more likely the route we'll go this year, think Rivers might be the guy...

Comment

Lots of holes to fill. I hope JR goes Oline in the first. I doubt he goes LBer until the second or later.
              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

oline fine i get that but if he drafts a dlineman before a lb ill be pissed..its time to get a stud at that position tired of these slow no skill linebackers we have

Comment

rivers guys seriously? dude sucks..what impact play did he make for us this year? int..nope...sack...nope...did he even have a tackle for a loss.lol wait did he even play more than 6 games....yes lets resign him def a probowler

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    we do. jwill and river are both starting caliber lb's and kiwis been a starter...we do need a 3 down mike tho imo unless the giants plan on using jwill or rivers as the mike on 3rd down pass situations which is very possible.
                    I see wheeler from oakland as that guy. He has he is a solid inside tackler and has the athleticism to cover TEs and RBs.

Comment

looks like best available on the board. we can use just about every position.

Comment

Originally posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
                        rivers guys seriously? dude sucks..what impact play did he make for us this year? int..nope...sack...nope...did he even have a tackle for a loss.lol wait did he even play more than 6 games....yes lets resign him def a probowler
                        Agreed, everyone thought he was going to be the answer, including me but he can't stay healthy enough to contribute...

Comment

Originally posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
                          oline fine i get that but if he drafts a dlineman before a lb ill be pissed..its time to get a stud at that position tired of these slow no skill linebackers we have
                          don't be surprised v when you say something like this and get jumped all over... The people on this board stick up for our linebackers like they are going to be the next best thing when in reality they are all below average

Comment

Originally posted by BigJ View Post
                            don't be surprised v when you say something like this and get jumped all over... The people on this board stick up for our linebackers like they are going to be the next best thing when in reality they are all below average
                            seriously if your a giants fan...a long time one well not really since 84 almost 30 years..then u know and have seen what good linebackers are..the only promising lb we have on this roster is williams..and even he is a project..the rest... flush them down the toilet they are terrible...people that think this lb core is good go watch some old games with carson, banks, lt, pepper johnson..reasons...armstead..and sometimes peirce..the guys we have now are not even a hair on those guys sacs to be honest

Comment

we need a lb and a fast athletic one to stop this pistol highschool crap..IF we do not draft one this year i promise you giants fans we are dead in the water next year bank on that

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                                kiwi is a DE really and the other two would be 2nd string guys on most other teams. lets not be homers and realize we need upgrades to get off the field on 3rd downs.

We have so many needs we could draft just about any position first round.
                                +1... I've been saying in round 1 I'd take any position except QB, WR, and RB

Comment

Working...
                                X