Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Let me first say everybody is entitled to their opinion. As my English professor once scolded me, a fact based opinion is more convincing than an opinion based on feelings. There are no facts that lead me to believe that Eli is the best QB in the league. Eli's my guy, he led us to victory. If he never wins again I'm happy with his career, but I can't lie and say he's the best QB in the game right now. He was good enough to win the SB twice given the circumstances he was in and the players that surrounded him.

    Let's be clear, football being the ultimate team sport means QBs don't win SBs on their own. Stats are important, but not everything. I pointed out earlier that performance was a better indicator of eliteness, but I'm not saying that statistics are the end all be all of supporting your argument. I am saying stats are a better measure than SB victories alone.

    Can anyone give me some help on how anybody could call Warren Moon overrated?
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Sat in jail.You didn't know this?
      He went to jail after he chedder bobbed himself but he hasn't done anything when he hac Sanchez amd Rothlisberger throwing to him since his return.
      Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM.

      Comment


      • I feel obligated to say this:

        For the most part on here, people overreact when it comes to Eli, and that's the truth.
        Whether someone says he's elite the "YOU'RE A HOMER/CUTLIST" army swarms the thread and will not leave until they are satisfied.

        When someone says Eli is good/great but not at the elite status yet, you get the "YOU'RE AN ELI BASHER/GO ROOT FOR THE PATRIOTS THEN" crowd.
        Everyone has to be right, especially..ESPECIALLY when it comes to Eli. This is why his threads go to 50+ pages.
        Nobody is going to have the same opinion, realize that. No matter how stupid or strange it maybe. I've argued with Buddy countless times and I had to realize he's not going to change the way he thinks about whatever, just accept it and move on.

        Some people have different standards on judging a quarterback.
        Some say rings, some say performance, some say stats, and maybe all three combined.

        They aren't wrong if they have a different opinion. Just saying..
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
          He went to jail after he chedder bobbed himself buy hr hasn't done anything when he hac Sanchez amd Rothlisberger throwing to him since his return.
          He got 7-8 TDs out of Sanchez and that is impressive, b/c Sanchez is woeful. Plax helped Eli out more than Eli helped Plax out. Plax was Eli's crutch for the early part of Eli's career and made a habit of hauling in badly thrown balls and coming down with the ball when he clearly wasn't open. He was the perfect receiver to have for a developing young QB.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

          http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            He got 7-8 TDs out of Sanchez and that is impressive, b/c Sanchez is woeful. Plax helped Eli out more than Eli helped Plax out. Plax was Eli's crutch for the early part of Eli's career and made a habit of hauling in badly thrown balls and coming down with the ball when he clearly wasn't open. He was the perfect receiver to have for a developing young QB.
            I completely agree.
            I'm a big fan of Plaxico and he was very important to Eli's developement. Plaxico had similar production in Pittsburgh. He was just a really good target for Eli, especially since Eli was a young and developing player.
            Don't anyone kid themselves, Plaxico was a heck of a Giant and a big piece of our SB puzzle in 2007.
            Too bad he got a tad too full of himself. He just had a tough time being happy in what was clearly a very positive environment for him.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I feel obligated to say this:

              For the most part on here, people overreact when it comes to Eli, and that's the truth.
              Whether someone says he's elite the "YOU'RE A HOMER/CUTLIST" army swarms the thread and will not leave until they are satisfied.

              When someone says Eli is good/great but not at the elite status yet, you get the "YOU'RE AN ELI BASHER/GO ROOT FOR THE PATRIOTS THEN" crowd.
              Everyone has to be right, especially..ESPECIALLY when it comes to Eli. This is why his threads go to 50+ pages.
              Nobody is going to have the same opinion, realize that. No matter how stupid or strange it maybe. I've argued with Buddy countless times and I had to realize he's not going to change the way he thinks about whatever, just accept it and move on.

              Some people have different standards on judging a quarterback.
              Some say rings, some say performance, some say stats, and maybe all three combined.

              They aren't wrong if they have a different opinion. Just saying..

              When did you get so friggin smart?
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                When did you get so friggin smart?
                This morning!
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                  You can't say that Eli only scored so many points less than Rodgers so that makes Rodgers a better post season QB. Eli scored enough to get the Giants Two SB trophies, Rodgers has done it once. Is Rodgers a better all around QB? IMO - YES, that does not make him a better post season QB. That belongs to Eli as of today.
                  There is no doubt that it takes a lot of good players around you to succeed as an NFL QB. But I just don't know how anyone can look ate both guys performance in the post season and say that they wouldn't think twice about who is the better QB.
                  I mean..Rodgers has been great in the playoffs but he can't play defense. His team's defense in the playoffs has been dreadful. He put up 45 points at Zona and they still lost.
                  As I have said a million times, Eli has been an outstanding post season QB, especially later in his career. Rodgers goes out and produces every game in the post season. So we can argue about who is better, but to say that they wouldn't think twice is ridiculous.
                  And the SB's are not individual achievements. they are team achievements. It takes a lot of components. including good QB play to win a championship. Eli has benefited from some outstanding defensive play in the playoffs of late. (Well since 2007) In the 8 games of our 2 SB runs, our defense has yet to give up 21 points. That's just unspeakably good.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                    He got 7-8 TDs out of Sanchez and that is impressive, b/c Sanchez is woeful. Plax helped Eli out more than Eli helped Plax out. Plax was Eli's crutch for the early part of Eli's career and made a habit of hauling in badly thrown balls and coming down with the ball when he clearly wasn't open. He was the perfect receiver to have for a developing young QB.
                    I do agree with you on that. Plexiglass was great at catching badly thrown balls and was Eli's security blanket for awhile. Actually, when we lost Plexiglass, our offense had problems and Eli had to adjust and I think he became a better QB because we lost Plex. Unfortunately, Eli didn't adjust quick enough and our chances of repeating were done that year. That being stated, Plexiglass still hasn't done much since being back in NFL after doing his time.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      Well...nothing here will "piss me off"....but I do like to point out ridiculous behavior. Case in point.

                      It's strictly for comedic value.
                      I've read too many of your posts over the years and followed to many of your MB confrontations to believe this.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • LOL Herm Edwards is a bone headed blow hard

                        He had the uncanny ability to take over mediocre to good football teams like the Jets and KC and almost immediately drive them to 2-14...if we played a Herm Edwards coached team each week we would go undefeated for years on end.

                        Herm Edwards could not polish Eli's cleats................the fact people like Mike Carton, Herm Edwards, and the fat and skinny Mike and Mike can find gainfull employment in Sports radio gives hope to every other moron at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting........you can be an utter bore and blowhard lacking any football sense at all, and still get a job at ESPN........they will take just about anyone.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                          I do agree with you on that. Plexiglass was great at catching badly thrown balls and was Eli's security blanket for awhile. Actually, when we lost Plexiglass, our offense had problems and Eli had to adjust and I think he became a better QB because we lost Plex. Unfortunately, Eli didn't adjust quick enough and our chances of repeating were done that year. That being stated, Plexiglass still hasn't done much since being back in NFL after doing his time.
                          He came back way past his prime. His game was in decline in 2008. He was having a terrible season up until the time he shot himself. But he had a very nice career up until that point.
                          When he got out of prison, he wasn't the player he was before.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Plaxico was exactly what the Doctor ordered in all those years Eli was throwing the ball wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to high..........were it not for Plaxico, Eli might have broken the INT record.....a record you sure do not want on your resume

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              There is no doubt that it takes a lot of good players around you to succeed as an NFL QB. But I just don't know how anyone can look ate both guys performance in the post season and say that they wouldn't think twice about who is the better QB.
                              I mean..Rodgers has been great in the playoffs but he can't play defense. His team's defense in the playoffs has been dreadful. He put up 45 points at Zona and they still lost.
                              As I have said a million times, Eli has been an outstanding post season QB, especially later in his career. Rodgers goes out and produces every game in the post season. So we can argue about who is better, but to say that they wouldn't think twice is ridiculous.
                              And the SB's are not individual achievements. they are team achievements. It takes a lot of components. including good QB play to win a championship. Eli has benefited from some outstanding defensive play in the playoffs of late. (Well since 2007) In the 8 games of our 2 SB runs, our defense has yet to give up 21 points. That's just unspeakably good.
                              The D did pick it up in the playoffs but they still had to be bailed out in SuperBowl XLVI. We won our division that year with one of the worst defenses and we did it in large part because of Eli's record breaking 4th quarter performances.

                              Aaron produces every game in post season? He didn't do too well against San Francisco. He didn't do too well against us either. Yeah I know, folks are going to say it was his defense or it was the receivers fault, etc..........etc......... Folks can argue back and forth about who is better and who isn't. Aaron Rodgers due to his regular season consistency is going to get the nod over Eli Manning as being the better overall QB. However, Eli Manning is without a doubt a better post season QB. Heck, he is even a better post season QB in the post season at Lambeau Field than Aaron Rodgers is.

                              Comment


                              • Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady all have better numbers than Eli and do it consistently. They have lost their share of WR's and TE's due to FA or injury but are just more consistent. Rodgers is the best QB in the game today and noting he did prevented his team from winning a Championship.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X