Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    if theres one thing thats diminished over time, besides peoples memory of that NE D, its of that NE OL. That OL was and still is in some regards phenomenal. That 07 OL in particular, they really just allowed Brady to stand tall all season and face minimal pressure. its bc of that ironically that brady was no where near ready for the DL onslaught that we saw sb 42. that DL played lights out all game, but "all game" was shortened bc the offense pitched in some too...granted, woulda liked for them to score more earlier, but that redzone int and just missed opportunities werent dentrimental bc the DL took over until the O got it going. Id say both SB,s it wasnt our entire unit played lights out all game, it was that our O would help the D out when needed, and the D helped the O out when needed...
    The helmet catch took away from the real story of that SB. Our pass rush. That Pats O line was invincible all season and we absolutely abused them.
    I give Brady great credit because he continued to stand tall in the pocket and take a lot of hits. But he hadn't seen that kind of pressure all season.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      damn, those qbs posted those numbers head2head? thats a lot of yards/tds/ints for 2 games...

      and it my opinion, i was merely presenting it bc a poster was trying to diminish elis performance vs gb using the very reason he so often calls an excuse by giants fans when applying his point to eli...the reg season game id say was a draw, the playoff game, eli outplayed rodgers and aint no one gonna make me think otherwise. that first half, eli was connecting on 3rd and long repeatedly...he was making difficult throws 20 yards downfield or more with more accuracy and precision than rodgers was and it wasnt even close. therefore, i feel confident saying eli outplayed rodgers head2head...reg. season rodgers overall was better than eli but i factor in reg season/postseason when evaluating a year anyways were i to compare them on their yearly output

      classic edit too lmfao. u didnt understand my post at all and ur response actually got someone else to confuse something i thought was blatant with the whole "head2head" and then discussing ONLY the two games they played each other...but ok. ur original and then edited post IS what exactly starts **** with a lot of people, u misunderstood something than used ur misunderstanding to make it "the most bizarre post bc the threads getting out of hand"...

      the funny thing is, the 1rst time i actually click "unhide post from ignored user" is that edited gem lmao not making that mistake twice (i prob will)
      That was a close call. Knowing you, you would say something like eli had a better season and truly mean it so i wasnt too sure. It's a huge relief to know that you didnt mean it that way. And why remove me from ignore? I would keep me there.
      Because if Eli has another off year you're not going to want to read any of my comments lol
      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

      ~Big Mike~

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
        I have stated numerous times that numbers do not tell the entire story and you know I have stated this. I bring up different games with different teams in response to your invalid point.

        Now, lets hear from you, how Aaron Rodgers is a more successful post season QB than Eli Manning.
        Well if numbers dont tell the whole story, then we cant really discuss this because there would be no facts to back up what we say. I dont have game footage to show you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. If the numbers were not in the favor of my argument, i might have also used the "ummm well, you know the numbers dont always tell the truth" line as well. Its like a get out of jail free card. well played.
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

        ~Big Mike~

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
          Well if numbers dont tell the whole story, then we cant really discuss this because there would be no facts to back up what we say. I dont have game footage to show you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. If the numbers were not in the favor of my argument, i might have also used the "ummm well, you know the numbers dont always tell the truth" line as well. Its like a get out of jail free card. well played.
          I thought you didn't like stats?
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            "False Propoganda" is redundant.
            Is that a true fact?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I thought you didn't like stats?
              I tried everything rudy. I tried quotes from players themselves, ive tried showing videos of what other nfl players has said, ive tried game footage. I even break things down line for line. ive done everything and there is always an excuse.

              What do you do if you want to prove something nowadays?
              Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

              ~Big Mike~

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                I tried everything rudy. I tried quotes from players themselves, ive tried showing videos of what other nfl players has said, ive tried game footage. I even break things down line for line. ive done everything and there is always an excuse.What do you do if you want to prove something nowadays?
                Do what I do, run people over.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  I thought you didn't like stats?
                  lmao i see what u did there

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Do what I do, run people over.
                    We gotta work on those jokes
                    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                    ~Big Mike~

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                      We gotta work on those jokes
                      ..Jokes? I think you're mistakened.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        ..Jokes? I think you're mistakened.
                        damn, thats messed up then. You really run people over?
                        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                        ~Big Mike~

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                          damn, thats messed up then. You really run people over?
                          All the time.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Wow, these many pages again huh?

                            The "elite" term is so overrated. For all intents and purposes though, I believe Eli is elite but then my criteria only includes being clutch, winning Super Bowls and being named Super Bowl MVP more than once. As a fan, winning the Super Bowl is all the stats that matter to me. If people accept the fact that we traded for Eli not for his gaudy stats, but for his big-game, gutsy and clutch performance, then all this elite crap does not really matter. The biggest game did not daunt him, he went against the best regular season team ever and we robbed the Patriots of their perfect season. He took a team who was outscored all season long with a 9-7 record and last in rushing and pass blocking to the Super Bowl for crying out loud! If you could not appreciate that, then nothing will.

                            We will find out if he's truly elite or not if/when he gets in to the HOF, which is quite a long time from now. In any case, I'm very grateful for the 2 Super Bowl MVP performance he delivered. Thank you very much!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                              Wow, these many pages again huh?

                              The "elite" term is so overrated. For all intents and purposes though, I believe Eli is elite but then my criteria only includes being clutch, winning Super Bowls and being named Super Bowl MVP more than once. As a fan, winning the Super Bowl is all the stats that matter to me. If people accept the fact that we traded for Eli not for his gaudy stats, but for his big-game, gutsy and clutch performance, then all this elite crap does not really matter. The biggest game did not daunt him, he went against the best regular season team ever and we robbed the Patriots of their perfect season. He took a team who was outscored all season long with a 9-7 record and last in rushing and pass blocking to the Super Bowl for crying out loud! If you could not appreciate that, then nothing will.

                              We will find out if he's truly elite or not if/when he gets in to the HOF, which is quite a long time from now. In any case, I'm very grateful for the 2 Super Bowl MVP performance he delivered. Thank you very much!
                              this is a great post. and so true that people should remember a bit more often that we traded for eli, specifically too it wasnt blind luck, EA literally singled that aspect out in scouting him; his ability to play his best in the biggest of moments and to elevate everyone around him...if that turns into 2 epic SB MVPs, I'd say mission accomplished with 7-8 yrs left to go...its what people put stock in individually, its what ive always maintained really. some people, well i should say the majority in todays FF era, seemingly value statistical regular season performances equally with leading a team to SBs...while some people value and grade a qb on how he plays, not the numbers his play produces...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                The helmet catch took away from the real story of that SB. Our pass rush. That Pats O line was invincible all season and we absolutely abused them.
                                I give Brady great credit because he continued to stand tall in the pocket and take a lot of hits. But he hadn't seen that kind of pressure all season.
                                I really do hate that helmet catch play for the exact same reason. Our dline kicked their butt.
                                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                                Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X